• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Look

p3

Well, I've been in the process of updating my web home and merging things. Some of you know I had The Design Chimp and was trying to do tutorials. I had server issues, crashing and losing posts so starting all over again. However this time, I have it all in one location. The main site is www.brandonaldred.com. If anyone goes to www.thedesignchimp.com it just forwards to the blog portion. I'm still in the process of updating everything and making it functional but wanted some feedback on what you thought...liked/disliked.
Thanks!

peavey123

I really like how the portfolio is laid out!! It's got a little Pinterest thing goin on there! :)

One thing I did notice though is that when I click on an image in your portfolio, it opens, but it doesn't show the entire image. I have to click again for the lightbox to pop-up and display the entire image. Maybe you could try to get the lightbox to work on the actual portfolio page? Other than that. I think it's very well done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks nice.

I would not duplicate so many pictures in so many categories. It would probably be better to not show the categories not fulfilled until you have something different to put in them. Also, it looks like a lota things revolve around your company. Try to show customer's work. Too much of your own thing doesn't really indicate a nice cross section of customers. Perhaps you can find more customers work and stick it in instead.

p3

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about incorporating the Lightbox into the portfolio page. The reason it still takes you to another page is because I plan on adding write ups for each project. I also want to show the steps along the way to creating that project. My project descriptions aren't complete, but would be something like this page:
http://brandonaldred.com/?portfolio=a-main-hobbies-simple-print-ad-2
Where it shows the sketch, then maybe a mock up, with a final.
But now after your guys' suggestions, does it make sense to do that? Doing it this way, I was also thinking about combining all the print ads in a series together like that as well.

The text you see on the left, like I said I plan on adding like the breif before creating the asset. Then the pictures would show the thought process and how close and consistant it is along the way.

Good idea or bad idea?

peavey123

That's a good idea. BUT maybe might be an idea to do that in a pop-up / lightbox. Less clicks for the user, plus then they don't navigate away from your portfolio page. I dunno? I just think people now-a-days are super impatient. So making the page quicker to navigate might be better?...