• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New LX 850 being installed

miker

Yippee. Owner went to ISA last month and bought some goodies. HP here installing it now.

Planning to replace our Jeti 3318, 3 HP 5500s and a Z6100.

The shell sure looks like an empty carcass compared to other grand format machines I've been witness to, but we'll see!

jhanson

Well, it's a no-brainer for replacing the smaller HP printers. Very similar print quality.

The Jeti 3318 might be a different story, depending on how it's been functioning. LX850s excel at backlit, given proper materials, and also do a pretty good job of double-sided print registration. Compared to a UV printer, however, the LX610 ink is much thinner and less textured, so it just depends on what your requirements are.

Consumables are another story.

miker

Well, we've got 2 Vuteks that handle all our D2B printing so no worries there. Consumables are factored in when pricing jobs so no worries there.