• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Macbook Pro out today

buttons

I hear this 90/10 95/5 type argument all of the time, but I am not sure I believe that either. Why aren't the pc nerds/snobs/fanboys (no offense to pc's just the virus writers) writing some virus to piss us Mac folks off just to say I told you so?

Even at 10%, let's say they send out this virus, you would think someone would be getting this virus at some point. So yes, the 90% of the pc's would be safe and the hope is that the 1 in 10 mac people would get infected. There are so many people writing virus code with nothing better to do, I find it hard to believe they don't want to do it for just that reason

Yes there are a couple Mac viruses out there and I think i heard the ratio is 1 to 60,000 or some incredible number. The few that I have heard about though require so many steps to infect your mac that you almost have to "help it along" to infect your mac

10 years from now, maybe this won't be the case, but for now I feel very safe surfing unprotected. Someone enlighten me, I am no expert

I've been using unprotected PCs for over 20yrs now. In that time I've had 1 virus. Yes 1! and I've gone to some very shady websites. You need to be doing something very stupid to get malware/virus on your computer.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The MAC guys think the PC guys are geeks
The PC guys think the Linux guys are the geeks
Who do the Linux guys get to point and laugh at?

wayne k
guam usa

CES020

You need to be doing something very stupid to get malware/virus on your computer.

Define stupid. Stupid like opening an email that's from your bank? Get real. With spoofing of email addresses today, clicking on something to get a virus for 99.9% of the normal public is as easy as brushing your teeth. They have absolutely no way of knowing that email is being spoofed unless they are geeks, which 95% of PC users are not.

klemgraphics

Used PC's my whole life and never thought I would own a MAC. When my PC took a dump on me I decided to try an imac and I must say this thing just works. No screwing around with peripherals or anything like that, just plug it in and it works. I still use PCs on daily basis as well and they have their place but I will be buying another mac when this one is done.

Tim Aucoin

I LOVE THIS THREAD! :clapping: CES020... you're a riot... thanks for the laugh!
What it boils down to for me is the fact that everything does "just work" on the Mac. I've never had an issue with plugging something in and it not working! I'm very fortunate that the price is not an issue for me, so I am able to get the "toys" when they come out. I love how my iMac, MacPro, iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro all enjoy "speaking" to each other! I also have a MobileMe account, so every device is in perfect sync all the time! Heck, I even love the new Apple TV I hooked up last month... it rocks! :rock-n-roll: And yes... Thunderbolt is very, very exciting!

signswi

Thunderbolt is just a renamed Intel technology it's available on every platform soon. Argument is dumb, use what you work better in, case closed. Viruses, font issues, etc. etc. all the reasons people throw around are all obsolete, now all that matters is user preference. So have a preference, go with it, and shut up! :popcorn:

Sticky Signs

T3, I considered the apple TV for a while but I decided to get a mac mini instead. it's hooked up to the TV and I've got a wireless keyboard and mouse. It makes for a great entertainment centre. I have all my music, movies and photos in one place. Plus I can easily download and play anything from the comfort of my couch. It's a great little unit and it barely takes up any space.

Mainframe

I gotta figure out how to make my next Macbook pro waterproof, just got the news, mine is toast, gonna order one in the next 2 weeks or so. oh well, I can keep it & in 4 years when a replacement logic board is only a couple hundred bucks I can grab one & revive it.
OUCH!

John Butto

Ebay

I gotta figure out how to make my next Macbook pro waterproof, just got the news, mine is toast, gonna order one in the next 2 weeks or so. oh well, I can keep it & in 4 years when a replacement logic board is only a couple hundred bucks I can grab one & revive it.
OUCH!
I had the same thing happen to a MacBook, perfect condition except spilled water, sold it for $100 on Ebay for parts.