• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Machine Purchase coming soon, but which one?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I would begin by evaluating what type of printer you need to accommodate the extra work a new printer will handle. Is the bulk of your work decals? Car wraps? Other printed vinyls? Do you do a lot of mounting of prints to coro, or other substrates? Maybe a flatbed is what you need if you do a ton of mounting to coro, aluminum, and the like. We're in the discussion phase of this situation as well, and leaning more towards a flatbed to add to our workflow, since we do a lot of mounting on full coros, mdos, etc. and that would cut so much time out of our production not having to lay so much vinyl.

Vinyldog

I think my favorite thing about the L310 compared to my old 540V is the material handling. Loads from the front so it can be right against the wall. No need to help it feed heavy rolls. Just hit the go-button and walk away.
Least favorite thing is the post-heat. Needs to be just right and often leaves material wavy from the heat.
Also it’s not for small jobs. Requires min four feet of material and you need to use a nice long leader to prevent jamming.