• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Maintenance Station Problem

heyskull

Last Friday I fitted a new New Maintenance Station but this week I have had serious problems of the machine losing random nozzles.
I had the print head replaced a couple of months ago and was told by the Tec to get a New Maintenance Station just to keep everything fresh.
Just seems weird that missing nozzles have appeared this week!

SC

heyskull

So no one has had this issue after replacing a station?!!!

The nozzles that go out, come and go and are now just on the black channel and are at the nozzles furthest in.
Would changing the wiper for another help?
When it cleans it pulls ink through no problem and seems to be working fine.

SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I can only guess that with nozzles dropping out you are not getting a good seal when the head is parked and sitting.
Is there a way to adjust the placement and level of the station in relation to the head?
Maybe slip a small sheet of paper over the cap and then park the head in the low position to see if you can get an idea of the contact pattern.
I think you can also pull the drain tube (pug the second one) and use a syringe to create a vacuum and listen for air seeping in around the seal.
Is the wiper separate on the 1204? On the 1304 it is part of the station and came new when I swapped mine out.
Maybe it is not seated properly and needs to be tweaked.

wayne k
guam usa

heyskull

My machine is a 1604 and the maintenance station comes complete with wiper assembly etc.
Their is no visible way to adjust the placement and level of the station.
I am beginning to think something is out of line.
I can't hear any leaks when pulling ink with a syringe, but it is so noisy here it would be impossible to hear a small leak.

SC

bmatlock5

you could possibly have air in the lines. i have had this happen after replacing parts. i run about five strong cleans and it seems to get all the air out. may not be your problem though.

rcook99

I just had my maintenance station replaced on my 1204. I had a similar problem with my print head dropping different nozzles after each time I did a head clean. What I found when I ran it with the front cover open was that my wiper was not moving to the back and the head would pass over it on the way to printing. Once I moved it back manually it was fine. The reason it would not move back is because the drain channel was gummed up from the maintenance station not working correctly. This is what alerted me to the station needing replacement.

I realize you just changed your station but make sure the wiper is moving correctly. Good luck!