• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Media Optimized for Tiling

dypinc

On the L360, I never noticed this before or have seen it mentioned anywhere. Must have been added with the last Firmware. SAV, PVC and Paper have this entry below New Paper for example. When selecting this it listed the media already added and says "Please choose the generic substrate with the most similar properties as a base to add the new one".

Anyone tried this or have a clue what it does tiling wise?

Doing a search I did find this for the 3x00 series. http://h20435.www2.hp.com/hpg/attac...Hp_latexKnowldgeCenter_Tiling mode_HP3000.pdf

Last edited:

GP_Oz

We have rolled it out with a few of the L3x00 series and I am told it follows a similar process.
No real documentation on it at the time but what ive noted

3x00
Only available in 8pass or higher modes
Not available in dual roll, if you have prints ripped to that mode they are unprintable untill you load single roll.
It puts a 170% black box at 14pass at the front of each print run, winds back and then starts your job.
It uses a new halftoning method that throws a fair bit of noise down in certain colours. Reds barely can tell..dark greens and similar - a big difference.

But I can say..it does help. First drop panels are not as light as they previously were.

Ill load it up on a few 3x0s and see what i can get from them.

Cheers

dypinc

It puts a 170% black box at 14pass at the front of each print run, winds back and then starts your job.
It uses a new halftoning method that throws a fair bit of noise down in certain colours. Reds barely can tell..dark greens and similar - a big difference.
Cheers

I tested this a little on the L360.

No extra black box or color bars at least at 12pass.

As for halftoning method looking more noisy I wonder if what you are seeing is the lc/lm curves are different and using less light inks?

Bly

I set this up a couple of media on our 360s a couple of days ago.
We just ran a long job using it yesterday.
I didn't get the black box or colour bars.. maybe that's an option or only happens on the large latexes.
The job takes longer to start. Must be getting the heads up to temp.
It seems to add a second delay at the end of each pass & the job takes longer than usual but I'm happy if it gives better consistency and repeatability.
Using the old presets having to reprint a panel meant the colour was nearly always a bit off.
Not sure if it means the panel lengths will be more consistent.

I set this up a couple of media on our 360s a couple of days ago.
We just ran a long job using it yesterday.
I didn't get the black box or colour bars.. maybe that's an option or only happens on the large latexes.
The job takes longer to start. Must be getting the heads up to temp.
It seems to add a second delay at the end of each pass & the job takes longer than usual but I'm happy if it gives better consistency and repeatability.
Using the old presets having to reprint a panel meant the colour was nearly always a bit off.
Not sure if it means the panel lengths will be more consistent.

Any update on this? Have you noticed better color consistency and/or reprint color consistency?

Thanks.

Bly

I ran a long wallpaper job and didn't print the tiles in sequence.
Colour variation was still very obvious so I put 30 metres of print in the bin and bought an Epson.
Problem solved.