• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member from Maryland

ChrisSiegle

Hey everybody! I'm Chris, 22, and I'm a graphic designer. I came on board at a sign shop in September 2011 after 2 years of no employment (a couple unpaid internships though) after graduating from college in 2009.

I didn't learn anything about signs or that aspect of design in college, so it's been a transition, but I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a day where I didn't learn something, large or small.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself before I got started here, if you see me around, I'll probably be in design critiques and similar threads.

SignManiac

Welcome aboard. Best advice I can give you now is buy and read, (3) times, Mike Stevens book Mastering Layout if you want to learn how to design signs. And buy a subscription to SignCraft magazine. These two publications are essential.