Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member Gerber Edge question????

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mel1, Oct 8, 2010.

1. mel1

mel1 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Hello All,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone is experienced with Troubleshoot for a Gerber Edge Classic printer, I keep getting the error "CLOSE LATCH" and it has not allowed me to print??? I am figuring it is a sensor, however cannot seem to locate the latch sensor or rectify this error otherwise, any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

Tags:
  2. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK USA

Not familiar with the edge but usually it means that you have a panel or door open. It may also be from leaving a part out of adjustment or missing that activates a switch.

Good luck. A paid subscription will give you more access to this sort of information on this forum.

3. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    do you hear the "click" when you close it?

4. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Welcome from the land of Lonhorns & Rangers...

5. The Equipment Guy

The Equipment Guy Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I searched my database for that error and could not find it, I have emailed my technician and should hear back Monday.

Craig

6. mel1

mel1 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I do hear a click right before the error pops up. I will be working on it today but any suggestions would be helpful.

7. mel1

mel1 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the help I found the problem and fixed it.

8. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    So....what was the problem and what was the solution?????

9. Billct2

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Still waiting.....

10. Billct2

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Thanks Mel... for being a great example of why newbies sometimes get slammed.... 3 people spent the time to offer suggestions/help and you don't have the courtesy to let us know what the solution to the problem was. One of the values of this place is to have a searchable database of solutions to problems and when you don't bother to contribute you've wasted our time.

11. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    +1

12. mel1

mel1 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    By the way great courteous on your part, I was out of office my best friend was in labour with complications so could not get back to anyone. The wheel on the bottom portion of my printer had a crack which was not allowing the latch to engage properly preventing me from printing. The wheel was replace with a new part and all works well now.

I do appreciate all the suggestions and am fully in office now, but life does sometimes throw obstacles our way.

Mel

13. Billct2

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Hey Mel, 20 minutes after your last post I asked for you for the solution.
    But that's cool, glad you're friends Ok and your Edge too.
    What wheel are you referring to? I'm looking at my Edge and can't see what part that would be.

14. mel1

mel1 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    It was the Cam wheel at the bottom of the printer that had a crack in it so had to replace that entire wheel, it is visible once you remove the cover where the sensor panel is. That was preventing it from closing properly to print.