• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member Gerber Edge question????

mel1

Hello All,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone is experienced with Troubleshoot for a Gerber Edge Classic printer, I keep getting the error "CLOSE LATCH" and it has not allowed me to print??? I am figuring it is a sensor, however cannot seem to locate the latch sensor or rectify this error otherwise, any help would be appreciated!!!!!!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

Not familiar with the edge but usually it means that you have a panel or door open. It may also be from leaving a part out of adjustment or missing that activates a switch.

Good luck. A paid subscription will give you more access to this sort of information on this forum.

mel1

I do hear a click right before the error pops up. I will be working on it today but any suggestions would be helpful.

Billct2

Thanks Mel... for being a great example of why newbies sometimes get slammed.... 3 people spent the time to offer suggestions/help and you don't have the courtesy to let us know what the solution to the problem was. One of the values of this place is to have a searchable database of solutions to problems and when you don't bother to contribute you've wasted our time.

mel1

By the way great courteous on your part, I was out of office my best friend was in labour with complications so could not get back to anyone. The wheel on the bottom portion of my printer had a crack which was not allowing the latch to engage properly preventing me from printing. The wheel was replace with a new part and all works well now.

I do appreciate all the suggestions and am fully in office now, but life does sometimes throw obstacles our way.

Mel

Billct2

Hey Mel, 20 minutes after your last post I asked for you for the solution.
But that's cool, glad you're friends Ok and your Edge too.
What wheel are you referring to? I'm looking at my Edge and can't see what part that would be.

mel1

It was the Cam wheel at the bottom of the printer that had a crack in it so had to replace that entire wheel, it is visible once you remove the cover where the sensor panel is. That was preventing it from closing properly to print.