• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member here, a bit about me.

UVRay

Hey gang,

I've been lurking round here long enough and finally decided to join.

I work for a large commercial manufacturing company in Dallas that makes retail store interiors and fixtures. I run the Digital Imaging Dept. and I've got an Acuity 2504 4'x8' flatbed UV printer and an Oce 550XT 8'x10' flatbed.

I've worked in the printing industry all my adult life and enjoy the challenges and results. I'm an artist too, I do graphic design and paint with oils on canvas, do some woodworking and woodcarving now and then and build electric guitars in what's left of my spare time. I've been playing guitar for better than 40 years now. I've got a fairly complete woodworking shop in my double garage at home and it's part wood shop, part music studio and 100% man cave.

At work, I'm about to dive off into building a large CNC Router for the shop, my GM just gave me the OK on the project and approved the Bill of Materials so all that's left is to pry the corporate credit card out of his hands and let me order the parts.

Prior to this position I worked for Fujifilm in many areas over the years, ending up as a field service engineer in the wide format division, installing, training and servicing the Fuji line of flatbed UV printers which were made by Oce at the time. That life was so hectic, living out of a suitcase mostly, working from coast to coast, it takes a toll on you after so many years. I relish the fact that now I'm home every evening usually before 6pm.

I print a lot of signage for national stores so the quantities can be pretty large sometimes. I print on various medias but mostly 3mm and 6mm EPVC and way more styrene than I want. That styrene is a bugger to print on especially when I'm printing photographic images with a lot of flat tints in the foreground and backgrounds. Sometimes I get to help with prototyping new designs and materials, I've printed on office ceiling tiles, florescent light diffuser panels, Travertine tiles, whiteboards, 1/2" thick frosted acrylics, etc.

Ray

UVRay

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Rarely do I join a forum and have this warm of a welcome. Thank you all very much! You make me feel right at home!

Well, I just finished a big job for a big national pharmacy and it's good to be through with it!

Now, I'm looking around wondering what my next job is...lol it's hard to keep that queue filled with work sometimes. I'm still waiting on the boss to let me pull the trigger on my CNC project, it'd be nice if that would happen soon so I can stay busy with it between the monsoon of work that comes in all at once.