• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member here

dieguy

Hello, Just a quick note to tell you all a bit about myself. I currently working fulltime as a Steel Rule Diemaker In Minnesota. I have had a Side business doing Laser cutting and engraving for the past 3 years. I am dreaming of the day of getting out on my own and working my business fulltime but it is still a bit too risky with 2 boys and a wife at home with me being the main bread winner and health insurance provider. I recently purchased a Graphtec 30" cutter/Plotter and hope to learn as much as possible about different vinyl techniques. I have been reading as much as possible here in the past 2 days and I am very impressed by much of the work I am seeing here. I plan on doing a great deal of reading and searching before I start asking any stupid questions that have been answered 800 times before so you may not hear from me for a while. So thanks in advance for all of the info you have all graciously put out there for a newbie like me to try to learn from. If any of you have any questions or problems related to Steel Rule Dies or Die Cutting I can definitely be of some assistance to you there. I have been in the industry for over 15 years. Well Thanks again and hope to converse with you all soon.

WoppTorr

Welcome, if you need to learn, this is the place to learn it, lots of great folks here
:thumb::Welcome:

Border

Welcome aboard Dieguy!
I also am from the Twin Cities (Inver Grove Heights), and I use Signlab as well, for my main design program along with other common ones. Whereabouts are you?

dieguy

Hi Border and the rest

Thank you for all of the kind welcomes,

Border -Well I am just across the river from you in St. Paul Park. I actually work my day job in South Saint paul. I wish I could say I use signlab, I got it with the cutter, I am much more comfortable working in Corel now due to my time with the lasers.