• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New member looking for some help, Rockhopper 38"

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi Everyone, I have been looking, but havent found a post on what I need.

I just bought a Rockhopper 38 as my first Printer, its in good shape and I got a great deal, however, the waste lines have ink in them and the smaller lines aging and one has cracked on a coupling section. Can anyone give me some help on this....

1. if i fix the coupling, am I able to run solvent through the lines to clear them up

2 if not, where can I get these replacement lines? I have been looking all over this site, and CMKY.com ect ect....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....I can take pictures if it would help...

Thanks in advance, James

Check out ebay. There someone there that sells parts including rolls of tubing.

You should really introduce yourself to everyone.
Welcome to the forum.

MacDaddy

Call Signwarehouse, you will have to look up the number on the internet. I buy all my parts from them.

onlyjames

Thanks, I saw the tubing on Ebay, but I think its too thick for the small tubes, and too small for the big one.

Im going to look up the part #'s now....

So, signwarehouse can order any part for me?

Thanks again, James :thankyou:

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Just recently had the spittoon line clog. All the ink sat in the spitton and eventually overflowed. I had to replace it, used 1/4" vinyl tubing from home depot. It is more rigid than the one that was there and a hair smaller. I used a heat gun to soften the vinyl a little and it slid onto the bottom of the spittoon like a charm. Works perfect! As far as the smaller ones I haven't had that problem yet so I couldn't tell you. Some of the replacement parts are harder to come by than others. Take a walk around your local home depot and see what you come up with. While you are there you should buy a roll of duct insulation tape (metal looking stuff), to help with the uneven heat platens. If you dont have the problem now you will eventually.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK.

I have taken the lines out and cleaned them with solvent. Those clogged lines are an indicator that the machine was not used much.

The next thing you will be concered about is the ink mixing in the head. Don't be too concerned with that until you get everything else up and running. It will take care of itself when you start printing.

onlyjames

Welcome from OK.

I have taken the lines out and cleaned them with solvent. Those clogged lines are an indicator that the machine was not used much.

The next thing you will be concered about is the ink mixing in the head. Don't be too concerned with that until you get everything else up and running. It will take care of itself when you start printing.

All of the inside lines are clear, its just the waste lines. It looks like everything has been flushed, but the waste lines have some buildup. One of the smaller lines is not getting any airflow....Im ordering solvent cleaner today....should I just get the solvent cleaner from Fellers.....nothing special right?

Thanks for the help....James

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I did mean the waste ink lines. The 3M stuff from fellers will work good for clean ups but follow the directions. Don't mix it with the ink that will be used for printing. Cleaning out the waste tubes should be no problem.

onlyjames

:thumb:Yeah, Im gunna clean the hell out of them.

And hopefully my last question right now....Im getting ready to order ink, should I also order 4 cleaning cartriages?

Thanks for all the help everyone!!:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I never used more than 2 cleaning carts. Check your manual for cleaning instructions. They may have changed from what my mach was. Mutoh changes a lot.