• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member! Need Help!

wrapmaster

I am very new to this forum, and have been mad scrambling all day trying to dig up the information I am looking for.

The reason for this message is simple, I am very new to the graphics industry and am trying to learn as much as I can about different materials from unbiased people who have been there and done that. Just from doing some online research, this forum is great way to get that unbiased opinion. I have noticed through different threads and your comments that even though 3M is the clear cut favorite for the industry, people seem to have problems with the company mainly because they feel they feel like they are paying for a name brand. So I know the pros/cons of using the 3M products, but there are very mixed reviews using any other less expensive/smaller company products (Oracal, Arlon, Avery, MacTac). I understand without a doubt that I will only be using cast vinyl as apposed to the calendered. So far, I get that Avery makes a good product, but has a tainted reputation due to problems they have had earlier. I haven't heard much too much about Arlon or Oracal and would love some insight from somebody who has experience with them all.

I also know that different jobs require completely different types of material. My market is strictly semi-trailers 45'-53', and box trucks 24'-36'. I am looking for information regarding full vinyl wraps of these trucks/trailers, unless you can provide some helpful insight using banner type material and a kwik zip type framing system. The general longevity I am shooting for with the wraps is 4+ years. Any horror stories or warnings pertaining to the particular companies or specific type of material are highly encouraged.

My main questions from your experiences are:

-Which vinyl/laminate combo manufacturer/type would you recommend for full truck/trailer wraps?
-How about from the installers viewpoint? and the customers?

-It seems that 3M's IJ180cV3 is the hands down favorite, is there a comparable material that produces a similar product with similar results at a less expensive cost?

Also I greatly appreciate the help from the members that I already messaged for this.

Thanks for taking a look at my thread, and I greatly appreciate any advice and insight anybody could provide me.

Thank you,

Zack

jfiscus

Rap Master
We prefer 180c for regular wraps & 160c for shorter-term wraps.
Use quality materials "wrapmaster".