• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member- North Jersey

b.rags

I'm looking for someone that would be willing to help me get a Gerber Edge FX and Gerber Envision GS15 Plus up and running. I've been in business for about 8 years, mainly doing laser engraving and dye sublimation. I had the opportunity to buy this setup and at the time I was looking at it, I had a local sign shop guy advising me on the unit. The plan was for me to buy it all and him come set it up and help getting it running. He no longer worked at a place that had one, but he had a lot of experience with Composer and running them and said he'd like to run the machine on the side, if that worked . I bought the machines, got them all in place, and called him. After trying to get him to help for about a month, I gave up. Seems like he was anxious for me to get it so he could make some extra money, helping me run it on his off time, but all I could get from him once I bought the machines was "I don't have time".

I'm not a computer or graphics guru, but I do use CorelDraw with the lasers and sublimation all the time. The printer is hooked up and works, but I haven't gotten the plotter setup or working. I wouldn't be doing overly complex items on it, mostly small cut out decals.

I've called a number of companies that sell the machines and supplies and no one seems too interested in any training or better yet, turning me into a customer that buys materials from them.

I've thought about selling the machines but I really do have a need for it and I would like to get it going if possible.

If you are in the Paramus, N.J. area and interested in getting paid by the hour to help me finish setting this up and getting it running, along with spending some time with me, making sure I can at least do some simple tasks, PM me. I'm happy to pay someone to help me, I'm not looking for a free ride, just someone with the experience that can help get me going.

b.rags

Gerber FX help

Can really use some help/advice this composer has me crazy. I am looking to do hard hat stickers for the ones we sell in our store.