• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member - UK - London - Direction

Kingdom32

Hi All

New to the business and just purchased a Summa D60, predominantely for Graphics and Car Decals..

I bought the Adobe Illustrator CS2 for the "Live Trace" capabilities...im just after some advice on where the best tutorial to allow me to pick this application up as soon as possible.

Plus any advice you would give me as a beginner?

I believe in firstly supplying my customers with the best vinyl for the job, while selecting a competitive make which isnt too expensive...i.e economical for both of us.

I have inherited some JAC vinyl which i dont really rate but i have since purchased Ritrama L Series and also O range as i believe the quality is decent.

Any advice on better vinyl? Im looking mainly at exterior quality vinyl?

Also ive bought clear Application Tape.

Any advice is welcome

Kind Regards
Dan

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Try out the Big Squeegee for applying vinyl. The distributor nearest you is All Print Supplies in Slough or ATECH in Welwyn Garden City.

Kingdom32

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Try out the Big Squeegee for applying vinyl. The distributor nearest you is All Print Supplies in Slough or ATECH in Welwyn Garden City.

Hi Thanks, ive just looked up ATECH as they are pretty local to be and ive just seen the BIG SQUEEGEE...brilliant idea. Just been trying to test my Summa cutter, ive just seen that the holder (cradle) that holds the blade in, has broken when ive driven back from picking it up. Just trying to fix/super glue it back together...plus the blade holder (the magnetic part) must have been damaged also...not a happy person. I need to grasp the software also....need to work out what tutorials I need to look at to pick up what I can to build up my knowledge from a simple test cut....any help would be appreciated

Kingdom32

Hi
Anyone have an advice on what to do about my broken Summa? What exerpiences they have had with using the superglue etc?