• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member with invoice software question

mharrison

First of all my name is Martin Harrison and I will be opening a new sign business in louisiana soon. I will only be doing the digital side of this business. I would like to know what has been the software of choice for you quoting, and invoicing. I hope to meet some really nice people who can help with my questions from time to time.

Thanks Martin

mekazilla

Quickbooks will save you time and paperwork if you use it from the start. check thesignexpert.com for some forms and tips too.

Checkers

Another EstiMate and QuickBooks fan here. Check out my comments here...
http://www.letterville.com/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/49310.html
I've seen and Used Chris' GraphixCALC and it's the best bang for the buck.
Cyrious Software has some excellent features that neither of the above have, so it may be worth a look too.
The biggest challenge with ANY estimating/pricing software is you have to take the time to set it up for your shop and enter in your real numbers. Without using your numbers, I.M.H.O. the software is useless.

Checkers

activitydude

Hi and welcome. IF you are interested we do offer a free 30 day version of our software. No strings attached. :) It's on our website.

Blazingsun

Questions

for all you guys using quickbooks pro, How are you keeping track of inventory Like Vinyl??

Are you setting up a inventory Item and setting the cost to the sqft and the price to what you sell it at per sqft and listing the quanity as how much sqft you have?

Are you setting one up for each color or just each type of material?

Rhino

It is next to impossible to track vinyl inventory. We simply classify it as materials in QB Pro.

jinx

Quickbooks is great - I can vouch for that. I currently do estimates pretty manually, I need to look at making that a more automated process.