Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pepper, Dec 17, 2004.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    :Canada 2: Hi from Alberta Canada
    Love this site - great information. I have been in the sign business since 1982 - started BC (before computers). Love the computer/cutter as a great tool. Have a pet peeve with cookie cutter sign shops. Great love - airbrushing. Just completed murals for indoor aquatic centre - upcoming outdoor mural on fire hall (due to being way - y - y) up north (6 hours north of edmonton), needless to say that mural will not happen till may or june. At present I am fulltime as signwriter for a college till june (a whole other story) - am also starting to write modules for teaching airbrush course. tty'alll

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Hi pepper. Hope you share any tips and tricks on airbrushing you may have. Quite an art form I have yet to get a hold of.

George

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome to Signs 101 Pepper. Please do post some pics in the gallery.

4. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    :Welcome:

5. pepper

pepper New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    thanks guys - i could get addicted to this site.

6. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Well what else is there to do in December 6 hours drive north of Edmonton, Alberta?

Watch the snow fall?

Watch the icicles form?

Watch the moose, caribou and polar bears frolic?

Make snow angels?

:Cool 2: :Big Laugh :wink: :tongue: :Sleeping:

7. pepper

pepper New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    you left out build the igloo and preserve the whale blubber!
    actually we are in the middle of what we call a warm spell - temp is 5 degrees celcius (about 40 fahrenheit) - won't last i'm afraid - winter will hit and we will be 40 below and that's a sure thing along with death and taxes.
    besides my all consuming interest in the forum these days, my husband (a heavy duty mechanic instructor) and i have a section of land backed onto the green zone, have black angus cattle (yeah they're worth a lot these days - not) and raise english bulldogs.

8. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Well heck .... that's about what it is here in South Florida too since the Siberian Express came through last weekend. We're going down into the 30's tonight with 20 mph winds so the chill factor will be below freezing.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr ! Time to break out the Long Johns.

9. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Hello from Seattle! Welcome to signs101 Pepper

10. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi Pepper :Welcome: