• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paulbaguio

hello guys,
just dropping a courtesy post for including me in the forum (thanks). Coming from Cebu, Philippines and yes quite a long haul from the US if you're gonna visit our island famous for our tropical beach and climate. Been looking for a signbuilder site in the net so at least I can learn a thing or two about signage building, and fortunately i stumbled across this forum (yay!). I just started my banner printing and cabinet type signage assembly and installation shop 3 months ago. I started 10 months ago with personalized digital t-shirt printing as a part time income aside from my 8-5 office job. Since then due to the increase of orders for my small home based shirt business, me and the wife decided to put up a shop to cater to our customer. We also decided that it is also best to extend into signage and printing business just to balance income between shirt printing and signage making (shirts can augment if signage business is not that heavy or vice versa). So we loaned and invested in a 10ft banner/tarp solvent type printing machine which I'm still paying until 1st quarter of 2013. business picking up when we have the shop, then eventually i have to add a personnel to cover increasing demands. and i think that is good news considering I'm just 3 months (originally my line up is: one printer operator, a graphic artist and the wife who is the shop manager). But I consider myself very new to the signage business and i have yet to learn more on the following aspects: Acrylic signages, billboard signages, plus more other techniques and efficient machines. Currently I have also these services in my shop: vinyl sticker printing for Van/vehicle wrap, windows and I have a 24" plotter for my heat transfer as well as for cutting stickers/decals. I also extended simple and basic shirt printing via sublimation process. I hope to learn more from this forum so i can apply new ideas and eventually catch up with the business needs. Maybe even new technology in signage as well as discussions that can help me decide if a particular machine is worth investing (example: is it worth getting the 5 feet plotter/cutter machine?).

Just starting small, but as they say, it could be a start of something big.

thank you all.
Paul

Last edited:

Firefox

Welcome aboard and greetings from Northern California.

Maligayang Pasko!

Subic Bay, PI 1062-1963

Keith Rae

welcome

Welcome from Canada.
Our prayers go out to you and your fellow country men thru these trying times dealing with the aftermath of the tropical storms, that have unleashed the flash floods in your country that have claimed so many people and caused so much damage. Hope you and your family are safe thru these trying times.

paulbaguio

thank you guys for the warm welcome.

thank you keith for the concern. our island is between two devastated areas. Our island is just fortunate to be spared. And i say it is God's miracle. We hope our fellowmen will pick up the pieces and learn from this and be safer in the years to come. life must move on as long as God will always and continually help us.