• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Merchant Member

gbarker

I'd like to introduce Wholesale Sign Service as a new merchant member. We are located in the middle of the East Coast in Concord NC.

We offer wide format printing filling the niche between shops that own their own printer but it's just too small for that job and the large wholesalers that specialize in large orders. If yo need any printing done please don't hesitate to contact us.

For those of you close to Charlotte NC, we offer sign service on your behalf. This means you can stop sending those customers away that need neon repairs, lamp replacement, or any other kind of sign repair including swapping faces. With our unbranded trucks we will act as your service department.

Though you won't find any published pricing on here or our website our prices are competitive. (We feel wholesale pricing should be kept as a trade secret).

Please let us know if you nave any questions.

GP

Sounds great - what are you running + what are you capabilities (size and general lead times)

Good luck -

GP

gbarker

Sounds great - what are you running + what are you capabilities (size and general lead times)

Good luck -

GP

64" Falcon II, 50" laminator and 42" plotter. We focus on printing nationally and service work locally. Generally we work around a 24 - 48hr lead time but it depends on the job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How do you handle cutting a contour if someone requests 6 pieces full print.... 60" x 96".... and it's a difficult or intricate shape ??

Also, how do you get the lam to not show the seam ??

gbarker

How do you handle cutting a contour if someone requests 6 pieces full print.... 60" x 96".... and it's a difficult or intricate shape ??

Also, how do you get the lam to not show the seam ??

Generally I would ask that if it is a bitmap it needs to be masked where they would like it cut. If it is vectored I just need to know how much of a border they want and how much of an overlap. It would need to be paneled in two or more pieces depending on my customer's skill level and needs.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question. Could you elaborate?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I’ll try it again.

-If someone wants a print that is 5’ x 8’… you can print it in one swipe.

-Now, if you have to laminate that 5’ x 8’ piece…. how can you do it in one swipe when your laminator isn’t large enough ??

-And last……. your plotter/cutter can only go 42”…. How do you cut this thing out… and suppose they want six [6] pieces and they are very intricate contour cuts and doing them by hand is almost impossible ??

Okay ??

gbarker

Okay, I’ll try it again.

-If someone wants a print that is 5’ x 8’… you can print it in one swipe.

-Now, if you have to laminate that 5’ x 8’ piece…. how can you do it in one swipe when your laminator isn’t large enough ??

-And last……. your plotter/cutter can only go 42”…. How do you cut this thing out… and suppose they want six [6] pieces and they are very intricate contour cuts and doing them by hand is almost impossible ??

Okay ??

I don't do that job OR as previously stated depending on my customer's skill level I recommend piecing it to ease the installation or simply refer them to another wholesaler that can handle this particular job.

The reason for the 64" printer is primarily for 5' banners as my previous printer was a 46". I will eventually match the laminator and plotter. As for your particular 'what if' question I've yet to encounter it. Most of my customers are mom & pop shops, graphic designers, and marketing firms that don't do any printing in house and have multiple vendors and they know where to go for what they want.

It's impossible to have the right equipment for every job that comes my way.

Hope this answers your question.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it does, now... thank you.

I wasn't trying to embarrass you or anything else... I was merely trying to figure out how all the mismatched equipment would tie together if someone needed a full 62" laminated job without any seams would be accomplished.

:thumb: