• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mimaki JV300

dan1942

Ok I am looking to pick up a second printer we currently have a HP L360 which I was very happy with until I started having print quality issues and banding. We were all set to pick up a second one this past week but I am now rethinking it. I was interested in the JV300 running with the CMYKcmo inks in hopes to get a better color gamut and hopefully better image quality then the HP Latex. We print very fine detail graphics and our Latex printer is running 6-7 days a week and only print on Matte vinyl and do not laminate (prints are indoor use only short term) . The other Printer I was considering was a Epson S70675 But I keep hearing they have a lot of problems but was hoping to get the same print quality out of the Mimaki because it is running the same heads

Thanks!

CMYKprnt

Same Boat

I am in the same boat as you. I am looking for a new printer - the Epson 70675 or the Mimaki JV300 - same printheads, same ink sets and the mimaki is $4,000 cheaper. I certainly do not want to make a decision based on price as that has never proved wise. I am glad at least one person likes the S70 as I think in my mind I would feel much more confident going the S70675 route. Tough decision and I have spent two weeks agonizing over it...lol. In the end, I have a feeling I am going to pull the trigger on the Epson.

Gary Wiant

I just had my JV300 installed last Tuesday, I love it, this is my 3rd Mimaki and I've never really had any equipment issues with any of them. The color gamut is much better than the CMYK x2 that I ran in my JV33. I know right now the JV300's are $4000 off. Initially I was concerned with the speed reduction from CMYK x2 to CMYKcmkO but after seeing the colors I'm very happy I picked thh later the orange & red are very vibrant and with the JV300's MAPS3 Technology I have yet to see any banding issues.

I would question one thing. From what I've been told, the Epson Eco & Mimaki ES Inks are very similar or even exactly the same but the Mimaki ES Inks are not offered in the JV300 nor are the light c,m,k & O offered with the ES3 inks. While Mimaki has change the SS21 Inks category from mid solvent to Eco solvent, but the Inks have not changed. The mild solvent Inks are brighter and much more durable than the Ecosol Inks.

Good luck if you have any question or would like me to try anything for you let me know

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just installed my first CJV150 the other day and I was surprised by the quality. Even though the Mutoh, Roland and Epson machines are running the same heads and similar ink, the Mimaki's quality was noticeably better. I asked my contact at Mimaki why it looks so much clearer and they said they innovated the way the nozzles fire so that they land in a more precise way. Whatever they did, it looks amazing.

ProColorGraphics

Hey Dan.

Did you get my PM about the S70? I too highly recommend one of them too. I am loving mine as an add on to my L360.

For the banding, have you talked with tech support? I had some issues with mine and they sent a tech out as there were some problems with the magenta inks. They replaced all of the magenta inks and heads and did some special firmware update. It is running a lot better now.

Morph1

Print all
I was interested in the JV300 running with the CMYKcmo inks in hopes to get a better color gamut and hopefully better image quality then the HP Latex. We print very fine detail graphics and our Latex printer is running 6-7 days a week and only print on Matte vinyl and do not laminate (prints are indoor use only short term) . The other Printer I was considering was a Epson S70675 But I keep hearing they have a lot of problems but was hoping to get the same print quality out of the Mimaki because it is running the same heads

Thanks!

The JV300 is a beast... I got it setup 2xCMYK just because we deal with large volume...,
the speed is amazing, I can print 4ft x 8Ft in 9 minutes and you see absolutely no banding...
It is the Ferrari of economy printers....