• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mimaki JV33 130 for $6.000

Samy98

It may be a stupid question but i want just satisfy my curiosity
how come a same product cost $6 000.00 in China and Indonesia and it's price here in the US is $17 000.00
I know there costumes and shipping fees that apply to import anything but the difference in price it's huge .

Thank you for any input

Samy

threeputt

It's called "segmenting the market". If you can sell it for a premium here, then why not?

Secondly, I imagine there's a huge tariff on equipment like that. Also, shipping, customs, etc. Finally, there's transportation, warehousing, dealer markups, commissions, and all those full page ads taken out in sign magazines to pay for.

Does that shed some light upon it?

It's called "segmenting the market". If you can sell it for a premium here, then why not?

Secondly, I imagine there's a huge tariff on equipment like that. Also, shipping, customs, etc. Finally, there's transportation, warehousing, dealer markups, commissions, and all those full page ads taken out in sign magazines to pay for.

Does that shed some light upon it?

Customs, etc., isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Before I found my JV3, I considered getting a JV33-160 from a friend of a friend in China. It was less than a year old and still under warranty, and it seems like they were asking ~ $13K for it. Shipping, customs, taxes and everything to get it from China to port of entry in Louisville KY was ~$1,500. They said it would be another $500-600 if it happened to be one of the containers the government picks at random to inspect.

badouali

My advise to you is just follow your gut instincts. Before i bought my JV3 250sp from Toronto, i was first looking at China and Indonesia. But right now there are a lot of scam artist in Indonesia with wonderful websites and fake business registrations. They always request you send them cash through Western Union and so on. If you insist on bank LC, they dont accept. Thats one way of knowing that they are fake. In regards to China, most of the cheap Mimaki's are not original. They are made in China and looks exactly like Mimaki, but fakes. So be very careful when dealing with companies like that.

Robert72

Don't waste your time, it's a fake. Oh, and never buy anything at Indonesia, they will take the money and you'll never see the goods. You would be surprised watching their webpages, how professional they look.