• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New model?

MikeD

Has anyone heard of Mimaki's next generation of wide format solvent printers coming out? What's the "next genreation" of JV33?
Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to get to Vegas, and I am looking at buying some new Mimaki printers today... Should I wait?
Thanks,

Masseria

I went to vegas in october, mimaki didnt gave me any news..
Mutoh did, and i'll buy 1 machine in the next month and i expect buying 1 more in the end of july.
Faster than mimaki, Wave printing, dx7 printhead,16 mts perhour in 1.6 width. wasatch rip included, and other stuff.

ChicagoGraphics

I went to vegas in october, mimaki didnt gave me any news..
Mutoh did, and i'll buy 1 machine in the next month and i expect buying 1 more in the end of july.
Faster than mimaki, Wave printing, dx7 printhead,16 mts perhour in 1.6 width. wasatch rip included, and other stuff.

Don't always believe what you hear on the speed of a printer, that 16 meters an hour is probably at it's lowest resolution.

ironchef

I heard mutohs rip has or will have an app? Or to be able to remotely control the printer. Anyone have more info?

Masseria

Yes, i know about the speed and quality.
But i print in 540x720 always, because i use Aqua-based sublimation ink, so i dont need quality as graphics, banners, etc.
Anyway, even printing in 1080, mutoh new gen, will beat mimaki's jv33.
Anyway mi jv33, is a work-horse and i love it, but i have to try other printer, before beeing a mimaki fan or something like that.

Edit:

Also, Mutoh is changing the ink system. For people who know about it, it sucks, you must buy mutoh ink or get a code to unlock the chip per year.
This will no longer exist. once you buy the Mutoh valuejet, they'll give you the code to unlock the ink cartridges forever. But still have to use chips as mimaki does.

Sorry for the english.

Last edited:

tomence

Forget about the Mimaki, just buy a Roland and be done with it.

Is Mimaki still making printers?

Robert M

New Mimaki

Only thing I have heard about is a Solvent UV using the new Ricoh print heads. I can't find out much info about the benefits of a solvent based UV ink. Mimaki is dealing right now as it is year end for them

MikeD

Robert M,
That's what I thought; end of Mimaki's fiscal year. I wanted to make sure that was the only reason they were cutting the JV33 price before scooping some more 33s' up.
Thanks!

Robert Gruner

There's always a better mousetrap!

Mimaki, Roland, and Mutoh saw the handwriting on the wall the day Epson began shipping 60" wide mild solvent ink printers. Epson agreed to continue shipping old print head technology to Mimaki, Roland, and Mutoh; but, saved their new print head technology for themselves...duh-oh. :)

Mimaki responded very quickly with new printers using new Ricoh print head technology. They launched the JV400 series Latex ink printers. I would be surprised if they had much success with that product as the HP Latex printer is significantly less expensive and is a proven product.

For whatever reason, Mimaki has chosen to show their JV400 printer equipped ink curing device printing what they describe as a UV-Solvent ink. The output was in my opinion much nicer than their latex prints (and I believe it print faster). When asked about price and delivery, Mimaki simply said it was not a released product and still under test. Perhaps this is their next release?

Roland and Mutoh are still somewhat behind the eight ball. I can't imagine either will continue OEM'ing old Epson technology.

Chipemulator

If you want to change you Jv33, you can buy JV34.
It is a work-horse too.

If you want more speed go to TS5-160.

If you want more and more you can goto TS500.

But to be honest, JV33 is the best.

Buy a second, or a third machine...and put 3,4,5 JV33 printing at same time...

regards

www.chipemulator.com