• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mutoh 1204 solid color issues

biznitch

I just recently purchased a mutoh vj 1204, and I'm just playing around with prints, and I noticed my red ink doesn't seem to "soak" into the vinyl as much as the other, printer came with Endura inks, I've attached an image of my sample print. Printing on oracal 3651 with correct profile in flexi cloud

Any help is greatly appreciated
Dany

Attachments

• 20130723_220101.jpg
    20130723_220101.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 100

element7

This is only with the red? I've had this problem before, but with more colors to a print and it was the material being defective (i.e. old, mismanaged, etc).

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You might visit your heater settings and jack them up a bit. Unfortunately anything packing the name 'Endura' is usually worthless crap. Most likely any inks carrying that same name are as well. Crap, that is.

biznitch

Yep, turned up the heat and prints came out much better! Do color profiles adjust temps automatically? Or is that set manually all the time?

Thanks again for the replies

Stealth Ryder

Heater Temps

From the Printer Options Tab in the Production always adjust temps here... I always check mine before a new job...