• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mutoh 1324 not printing as good as my old 1204

guitarguy69

Try variable dot setting, helped mine out a bit.
Certain solid colors turn out just like altereddezinz picture, almost smeary looking.
After working with Mutoh, we could not come up with a fix for this issue.
If anyone figures this out, you'd have a job as their head technician for certain.
I kept my 1614's for the finer prints, but this does not help the OP quandary.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I would call the dealer who sold you the printer first. They ought to help you. If that did not resolve the problem, call Mutoh America.

We received a heavily used printer that customer wants to refurnish. After cleaning and putting new parts included printhead, dampers, maintenance station, wiper, and a good calibration. Used Flexi Cloud, 3M IJ180 profile, again, we are not a print shop, we don't know as much as print shop knows how to calibrate. Just factory calibrate, good name color profile and print. It printed more than great. Much more than we expected. I included a video below. The ink we used on this printer is Bordeaux Eco Fuze ink. So the printer is not an issue. It is the calibration which the dealer should help. Hands down if they just sell sell sell. No supports.

Video - Mutoh Valuejet 1324
[video=youtube;Wi6q3L-cSAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6q3L-cSAM[/video]

Bordeaux 440 cartridge
http://www.premiercolour.com/replacement-ink-for-mutoh-eco-ultra-440-ml-from-bordeaux/

Lots of good information here. Thanks folks.

Francis

Last edited by a moderator:

altereddezignz

Try variable dot setting, helped mine out a bit.
Certain solid colors turn out just like altereddezinz picture, almost smeary looking.
After working with Mutoh, we could not come up with a fix for this issue.
If anyone figures this out, you'd have a job as their head technician for certain.
I kept my 1614's for the finer prints, but this does not help the OP quandary.

Variable dot is the way it has been set up from go.

altereddezignz

I would call the dealer who sold you the printer first. They ought to help you. If that did not resolve the problem, call Mutoh America.

We received a heavily used printer that customer wants to refurnish. After cleaning and putting new parts included printhead, dampers, maintenance station, wiper, and a good calibration. Used Flexi Cloud, 3M IJ180 profile, again, we are not a print shop, we don't know as much as print shop knows how to calibrate. Just factory calibrate, good name color profile and print. It printed more than great. Much more than we expected. I included a video below. The ink we used on this printer is Bordeaux Eco Fuze ink. So the printer is not an issue. It is the calibration which the dealer should help. Hands down if they just sell sell sell. No supports.

Video - Mutoh Valuejet 1324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6q3L-cSAM

Bordeaux 440 cartridge
http://www.premiercolour.com/replacement-ink-for-mutoh-eco-ultra-440-ml-from-bordeaux/

Lots of good information here. Thanks folks.

Francis

We bought out a company after they closed. Well needless to say it was sold by Signwarehouse. Mutoh has been no help at all wanting to charge us a minimum of 2000$ just to see if they can find a problem that is no parts.
New dampers, new main station, new lines, new wiper, Multiple soaks on head, new pf encoder and some other new parts. It wouldnt print at all when we got it or if it did it was BAD BAD..

pjfmeister

I have color profiles created by Fellers for the 1324.....They are really good profiles. If you send me your email I can send you a link to download some files from my FTP that might help you out.. Let me know if interested and I will upload them for you.

jaylem

process of elimination

You can break it down to the simplistic. The problem is either the media, the printer, or the software. or, a combination of the three. I have found it's a process of elimination. First, I can tell you that the 1324 does print extremely well and can print very rich black. You can set the black value at cmyk 50.50.50.100 and that should give you really rich black. Checking software. You might be able to get Flexi tech support to log onto your system remotely to run thru your profile settings. Try different medias and if the same problem exists on all types you try it should be easy to rule out the media. Check print head alignment, page feed, nozzle check, print alignment.