• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Mutoh printer purchase, couple questions

300mphGraphics

We've had the 48" valujet for almost 6 years and it has worked flawless. I'm embarrassed to say the little minimal maintenance we've done on it. Replaced the print feed motor and that's it. Even the spit sponge, wiper, etc are original. We have 3 codes popping up, life times pump, print head, cr motor so we're looking to get a new 1324 and have a couple questions if anyone might have some input?

Is Bell-Howell serving Mutoh customers well, especially in rural areas? We're in the northern part of Arizona near Prescott so I'd guess they'd come out of Phoenix?

Anyone know what the x means on the 1324? All I can find that it is new.

Thanks!

MagnetStew

Those codes you mentioned are only there to say that those parts have reached their normal life time limits. It does not mean those parts need replacing. They will need replacing when they actually fail to operate properly. I run 5 Mutoh's and I think every single one of them has at least 2 of those codes flashing and the printers run great.

As to the "X" designation. Basically, they have added their latest technology to the printers primarily being "DropMaster." It's a neat bit of tech which I have seen once while testing a 1638X we were looking at. You can read about it here: http://mutoh.wpengine.com/smart-printing/drop-master/

Apart from that its a standard 1324, at least thats how I understand it.

300mphGraphics

Those codes you mentioned are only there to say that those parts have reached their normal life time limits. It does not mean those parts need replacing. They will need replacing when they actually fail to operate properly. I run 5 Mutoh's and I think every single one of them has at least 2 of those codes flashing and the printers run great.
Thanks for the response. I think I may just wait on replacing my current machine.