• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Name and Logo I am considering..

GRAFIKWORX

I am in the Custom Paint and Motor sports Design business for 12 years now. (I was in the sign business in the 90s)
In this economy it is getting Herder and harder to maintain the 5000 sq.ft. shop, paint booth and employees to do this type of work.
so now i'm looking into the near future of just doing logos and design work for other painters, general public and sign shops
and getting out of the huge overhead situation.
I will still do some Custom Paint on a smaller scale like Harley's and Airboats or what ever I can do on my own for Friends and my good customers .

Here is the Name and logo I am considering for this type of work.

My concerns are:
Is it too simple for a design studio? does it need more bells,whistles,beveled,embossed edges and Diamond plate fills,lol
(I like a clean simple look)..
Does the name Stellar overpower what we do? I didn't like Stellar in script and Graphic Designs in Block too much.
I do like the Star icon, it can be used for Branding
I would like your opinions on this Logo style and Name for this type of work..
also attached is the type of motor-sports designs I do now for myself and other Paint shops.

thanx in advance for your Opinions and Sugestions

Attachments

• Stellar-Logo.jpg
    Stellar-Logo.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Stellar-logo-2.jpg
    Stellar-logo-2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Tilted-Kilt-MTI.jpg
    Tilted-Kilt-MTI.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 105

VolunteerSign

The first thing I think of when I look at number 2 is the logo for Allison boats. Not saying that's good, bad or indifferent just what I see.

rjpjr

The caliber of work you do should be reflected by your logo/branding...and to me those preliminary logos don't quite do it justice.

Agreed...

IMHO your work really is "Stellar", but the logo options presented are not. They are not bad...they're just not "STELLAR". Your logo should match your work... original, custom, bright, loud, high end etc.

Glad I am not doing your logo after all of that!!! Big Expectations with a name like Stellar

Good luck!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd consider deleting the word 'Graphic' in there. Possibly even designs, too. Maybe more like Stellar Creations. Then you can make claim to anything instead of just graphics or designs.

The word 'Stellar' I think needs a more stellar appearance. Not necessarily more effects and stuff, but a more pillar appearance to show you are rock steady and stellar..... in your performance.... to match your name.

HulkSmash

I am in the Custom Paint and Motor sports Design business for 12 years now. (I was in the sign business in the 90s)
In this economy it is getting Herder and harder to maintain the 5000 sq.ft. shop, paint booth and employees to do this type of work.
so now i'm looking into the near future of just doing logos and design work for other painters, general public and sign shops
and getting out of the huge overhead situation.
I will still do some Custom Paint on a smaller scale like Harley's and Airboats or what ever I can do on my own for Friends and my good customers .

Here is the Name and logo I am considering for this type of work.

My concerns are:
Is it too simple for a design studio? does it need more bells,whistles,beveled,embossed edges and Diamond plate fills,lol
(I like a clean simple look)..
Does the name Stellar overpower what we do? I didn't like Stellar in script and Graphic Designs in Block too much.
I do like the Star icon, it can be used for Branding
I would like your opinions on this Logo style and Name for this type of work..
also attached is the type of motor-sports designs I do now for myself and other Paint shops.

thanx in advance for your Opinions and Sugestions

The star just screams amateur to me. Do you have any other directions you have considered?

GRAFIKWORX

Ok so I will try the thinner outline on Stellar.

It seems nobody likes the Star, Do you think the name Stellar evan needs a Star in the logo or not really?

or is it just that its needs a much better Star?

Also I have a few other concepts i'm working on, Ill post when they are ready.

Thanx for your input and advice.

Brandon708

I like #2 however my nit pic is with the word "Graphic Designs"

First, I noticed that AS Speedway font that you used is way over used. I would suggest you use another font. Second, the name Steller Graphic Designs sounds better if it where just Steller Designs or Steller Graphics.

GRAFIKWORX

I like #2 however my nit pic is with the word "Graphic Designs"

First, I noticed that AS Speedway font that you used is way over used. I would suggest you use another font. Second, the name Steller Graphic Designs sounds better if it where just Steller Designs or Steller Graphics.

I agree with you, But those names are taken with the .com

I hear there are like 50 (Ray's Pizzas) in New York

I just don't know the issues there could be having the same basic name as another even though they may do different type of work than I do.

Stellar Designs does mainly t-Shirts and they are in Alaska

Anybody Know about that Issue
Can I call myself Stellar designs but really be Stellar Graphic designs .com

Thanx