Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New neighbors are high end residential. Best marketing angle?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by MGB_LE, Aug 24, 2018.

1. MGB_LE

MGB_LE Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Our shop is just south of downtown Dallas. The neighborhood is becoming gentrified, with $400,000 townhomes just outside our front door Also high end rentals are going up nearby.

Obviously the folks buying and leasing nearby have money and likely are decision makers or owners wherever they work.

So, they're residential but I think we should make them aware we're here and are useful to their businesses/places of employment. Also, we're getting small restaurants opening up to serve these comfortable new residents, so they might need signs/menus/advertising/other print work.

A light rail station is also just next door so lots of eyes pass our building daily, and we don't provide any message for them. I always say that building signage is the salesperson who never sleeps and doesn't requite a commission.

What are the suggested marketing tactics for a "Hi! Welcome and we'd like to be your printer/sign co/and-all- our-other-services-too provider" message to the new neighbors and businesses? I've though about EDDM. I've also considered that we need to up our OWN signage game on our building, banners on our parking lot fences, even our brand new sidewalks with floor graphics.

2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

fully wrap your building, make it a beautiful eye sore

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    do a mailer for your area.
    if you are wanting the higher end, showcase this type of work.

also, wrap your vehicle

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. clarizeyale

clarizeyale Member

Aug 25, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    I think you've answered your own question.... I think mailers, cold calls, or even going directly to them may be nice if you really want their business. and of course, upping your own signage game. They may not even know how to use your services unless you point out what you can do and offer

5. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I say get a property management company/developer client and crank out the 100-300k worth of signs in the buildings they live in... less to mail out, less people to impress...

• Like Like x 2