• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Océ Flatbed - Arizona 318GL - Any Thoughts?

If a turtle and a snail were racing who would win?

If you are gonna drop the dime on a flatbed "buy up" do not buy what you think works as you will out grow your capacity in a very short time and be locked into an inferior machine that cannot support your new level of volume...

Been there done that....

cwb143

I like how they give you the specs in centimeters. anyway 120cm x 250cm is 4'x8' table. Production mode is 130 sqr/ft Hour. approx. which would be 15min. print time on full 4'x8'. Probably dosn't have pins on the table which would be a minus. This might work for a small sign shop that does a 1 million to 2 million a year maybe. but the big boys wouldn't touch this machine.:Sleeping:

Charlie J

I like how they give you the specs in centimeters. anyway 120cm x 250cm is 4'x8' table. Production mode is 130 sqr/ft Hour. approx. which would be 15min. print time on full 4'x8'. Probably dosn't have pins on the table which would be a minus. This might work for a small sign shop that does a 1 million to 2 million a year maybe. but the big boys wouldn't touch this machine.:Sleeping:
If the $$$ is right...I'm sure there are a few companies on here that could make some money with a machine like this.

Rydaddy

Holy SLOW Batman. I asked my fiance for a Flatbed for Valentines Day... needless to say I am still without one.

RoCo

I thought the same thing about putting the specs in metric - immediately made me think they were trying to hide something. And anyone who's ever bought a printer knows that what they SAY it will print in an hour is at least 20% more than it will actually do in real time on your production floor.

FishnSigns

Saw it in Chicago. Great quality but as mentioned above - very slow. Same platform as the 360 and 550 just half the heads of the 360. Still a very well built machine. Would be nice if Oce allowed a way to add print heads to make it a 360 when a shop grew into it. Buy the 318 for $95K, add heads and reconfigure in 12months for an additional $30K to make it a 360. Nice dream but not a reality with the Oce line. CET on the other hand does offer an upgrade path. You can buy their X-Press 500 for $85K, print at a max speed of 500 sqft/hr and upgrade at any time for apx $50K to run at up to 1000 sqft/hr. Great concept in my opinion.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Good quality, but less resolution compare to CE4 heads, I have 550GT and 318GL in my room, I can see the operator of 318GL always sleepy as the slow speed make it boring...
Anyhow, print not for signs, but for iphone case seems acceptable. or other small jobs or photographs..

So far so good..