• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New old Mimaki JV-3 160SP

OmegaAdv

Hello to all members from Bulgaria,

These days Ive buy a old Mimaki first to me, after working some years with a very old Mutoh rockhopper 60 and A LOT of problems, for the first two days of working with the mimaki I have to say "wow" that's good horse. Here there is not a lot of mashines, and the market is not very big for new mashines.
I was thinking about buying second hand JV33 or JV3. But that JV3 was with 4 head dual CMYK with a little nozzle clogged, one new head not open, one carton of new bottles of ink, some consumable parts, comp with RIP, calibrated profiles and the seller tells that the all belts, encoder, bearings, pump are changed for the selling. The mashine is on 26 000 m2, I dont know it is a lot for that kind of printer but it works smooth.
It is with real solvent "JET BEST" inks. First I was thinking to get it on ecosolvent but there is a lot of inks for future printing, and I have good place for storage it far away from me and that awfull smelly in good ventilated room. For first will print on solvent, but are that inks good. The seller tells that it buy it direct from taiwan. The seller is buy new mimaki and it is stay without working arround 2 months on selfcleaning mode.

Because a bad practise with my mutoh with that impostors here "printer's techs", I want to serviced it by my self, and want some practise advices.

I want to ask what is good to be changed to be sure that the mashine will work good.

I ordered:
- New capping slider with tops
- One pump for future
- Wipers
- Some tubing

I have to clean good also arround the printheads, but can't send the carrier to the left to see it from below.

Also there is some issues for align the bidirectional printing, will search the forum for it.
Ive changed the autoclean modes- working - 1h, sleeping - 4h it is appopriate or to change them what the they was - working-off, sleeping - 12h

Im sorry for my bad english.