• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New pantones?

mitsfreak12

So pantone guides are the most excellent way of using it as a reference. But did the system update to a new one? I got here with a pantone # 173-12. Can anyone fill me in if I missed it?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No new colors recently that I am aware of. The last big Pantone update a was a couple of years ago with the "Plus" series of 336 new colors.

"3 digit dash 2 digit" is as far as I can read is not really a valid Pantone color number scheme. If it is, then its a very old one or something and not a new one.

This explains the numbering systems... http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/Pantone.aspx?pg=20051&ca=1

Googling it does come up with hits on a couple of Asian sites though. Maybe its some specific Asian Pantone color numbering scheme???? Those show it as a shade of grey though which is way off from what anyone would reasonably put 173 at.

J Hill Designs

do you have a visible reference? (jpg etc)

my first thought that it would be the % - in this case a really light orange/red

idsignsil

The Pantone GoeBridge is set up with numbering kind of like that. But the swatch book that I have only goes up to 165-2-7. Maybe that is a newer color number???