• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New PC Gerber software issue

mtx1

I am having an issue with my Gerber Omega software and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an issue that when i create a design for a memoral stone, i go to print preview, and it only shows 1 image from each design but not any text or anything else. I can create a text image on a blank page..but when i go to print preview it shows nothing on the page to send to cutter. Can someone tell me where to go so that it will print what i see on the page? I am new to this and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you so much and Happy New Year!!:rock-n-roll:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your problem probably is with your vinyl assignments and your options/preferences. Try entering Control +D on an open job to bring up the Output Order Dialog. This will show you the vinyls you have assigned to the job. Probably you're going to need to assign black vinyl to your entries and you will find that they are currently set at white vinyl.

1234.jpg

mtx1

Thanks Fred! I think we are on the right track here. Problem is, moving the text from one project to another? If i copy text from a previous document and it was made on white mat, when i move it over, it wants to paste on white mat instead of black. Is there a way to change what mat a selected text or image is on? Thank you so much!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks Fred! I think we are on the right track here. Problem is, moving the text from one project to another? If i copy text from a previous document and it was made on white mat, when i move it over, it wants to paste on white mat instead of black. Is there a way to change what mat a selected text or image is on? Thank you so much!!

Changing vinyl assignments is something that will need to be done on an ongoing basis. Just have the correct color palette open, select what you want to change and click the color swatch. Hit F8 (Preview) to check that it is correct. If you haven't already done so, I recommend doing the lessons that come with Omega.

mtx1

Think i got it all figured out now. So easy once i knew what to do :banghead:. Will know for sure if its right tomorrow. Thanks alot for your help! Your a lifesaver!

mtx1

Ok everything seems to be ok except one issue. When i make the outline around the drawing i have on the black mat, it will print a black box where the design is. When i pull the outline out, the image is fine and prints fine. Problem is that i need the outline to fit the stone for when we blast it. Any idea of what the issue could be? Thanks again for all the help cant wait til this machine is back to normal haha.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ok everything seems to be ok except one issue. When i make the outline around the drawing i have on the black mat, it will print a black box where the design is. When i pull the outline out, the image is fine and prints fine. Problem is that i need the outline to fit the stone for when we blast it. Any idea of what the issue could be? Thanks again for all the help cant wait til this machine is back to normal haha.

Is the outline a different color or the same color?

What version of Omega are you using?

Solutions might be:

1. If different colors, select outline and move it to the back. (Shift + Page Down).

2. If same color, select all and compound. (Enter numeral 0).

Again, the Print Output Order dialog tells you what you have. (Control + D).

mtx1

Composer 2.6.1.838
Omega 2.61.0.10
By selecting all and compound i can then see the words of the text but around that is still showing a black fill. If i take compound off, i get a black box again so i am closer to what i need haha. Thanks again for the help Fred!

Is the outline a different color or the same color?

What version of Omega are you using?

Solutions might be:

1. If different colors, select outline and move it to the back. (Shift + Page Down).

2. If same color, select all and compound. (Enter numeral 0).

Again, the Print Output Order dialog tells you what you have. (Control + D).

J Hill Designs

Composer 2.6.1.838
Omega 2.61.0.10
By selecting all and compound i can then see the words of the text but around that is still showing a black fill. If i take compound off, i get a black box again so i am closer to what i need haha. Thanks again for the help Fred!

change the box to gray, and send to back (shift page down)

mtx1

Sorry to be such a pest, i just cant seem to find what i am doing wrong. The black mat changes the whole image to black. Doesnt matter if its in the front or back it still is showing a black figure. If i change it to gray mat, i get what i posted above. What i dont understand is why would it change the whole image in black when that color mat is selected, but only do the background if say gray or white is selected? I would leave it on white but nothing on the white mat shows up in print preview. All i change is the mat color, everything else stays the same. I guess i will call in an expert Monday if i cant get this, but just seems i am missing something so simple? :banghead:
Thanks for leading the blind at least this far in this experience haha!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Think of your screen as the actual cut vinyl. If you lay cut black letters on top of a matte black square you won't see them because your screen doesn't distinguish between gloss or matte of the same color.

mtx1

Ok so if that is the case, when having a white mat color like it was setup originally, with black letters, why wouldnt the program see the white mat cuts but does if the mat is black? If i could get them to work on the white setup then i think the border would come up in black as everything else. Anyone willing to look at the file to see what i am doing wrong or even remote into my computer?
Thanks! Im gonna owe one of you some beer after all this is over! :Big Laugh

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Unless you're doing a full color proof for the customer, why don't you just work with outlines?

JB

mtx1

Ok gerber is giving me issues with cutting now after we got all the mats setup. What would any of you suggest to be a better alternative to the gerber software?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Chances are you have applied a print foil attribute to some of your vectors. This can be seen if you turn off your preview (F8). Such a vector will be either red or green instead of the black used to display a cut only vector. For your purposes, you must stay with cut only vinyl colors only. All vectors should appear a black with the preview off.

I sincerely doubt that you would be doing anything to make your life easier by seeking out a different software program. The answer is to locate the tutorials that come with Omega and do them.

Here's a link to the old learning guide for version 2.5. It's almost 400 pages long but will contain the information you need to understand the program.

mtx1

Fred,

You have helped me above and beyond what i expected here. Thanks for all the help! I got the cutter working now and will get to reading this manual so maybe i will know more about the program if i have issues down the road. Thanks again for the awesome support. You helped me more than my paid session with Gerber support haha.
THANKS!!!:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll: