• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"New" pet peeves

Billct2

I've tried to get clients to do their web addresses with upper/lower case, like www.SignsForHire.net, but they insist on www.signsforhire.com.
Even though I point out that it will come up typed either way and is much easier to read upper/lower case.
And now that you have to dial area code for any phone number I think it should be 203-123-4567 yet they still want (203) 123-4567.
Not a big deal, but why is everyone so reluctant to use a more legible design?

Speedsterbeast

I offer colour variances for those who don't want to buck tradition. www & .com or the area code in a different colour. Looks batter than all lower case etc.
But I feel you pain.
Up here, the old provinces had three letter for abbreviations, now it's two - Ontario was ONT now it's ON. Try getting a trucker to drop the T on his door and I'll do the job for free.

bannertime

Same with their email address. They demand certain letters be cap or no cap when it really does not matter. Or they want to use their old high school email address i.e. dragontamer940089654@aol.com (not a real email, I hope) instead of opening up a new professional one.

Speedsterbeast

Same with their email address. They demand certain letters be cap or no cap when it really does not matter. Or they want to use their old high school email address i.e. dragontamer940089654@aol.com (not a real email, I hope) instead of opening up a new professional one.

Yeah, those clients who are starting a new handyman business and their e-mail is harleydude@some.old.free.email are the ones I don't bet on being around in a year.

AnthonyRalano

LLC throws me off. I get that you are proud that you got a new business, but not many people care if you are an LLC or not. And phone numbers on the back of a shirt. How many times do people tell you to turn around so that they can call the number and scan the qr code on the back of your shirt. Never happens.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
If it reads correctly(signsforhire.com) then it should be all lower case. If the url doesn't read correctly(just did this one,jasonejenkins.com, but made it jasonEjenkins.com), then make the adjustment.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If it reads correctly(signsforhire.com) then it should be all lower case. If the url doesn't read correctly(just did this one,jasonejenkins.com, but made it jasonEjenkins.com), then make the adjustment.

+1

Having capitals makes it easy to read, but not always needed. Mine are all lowercase. with out the www.

T_K

Personally, I prefer the look of periods to dashes for phone numbers. e.g. 123.456.7890. Definitely don't use ( ) anymore. Actually, I think I was in middle-school when the 10-digit requirement came to DFW.

The not capitalizing websites for legibility reminds me of people who are obsessed with really long hashtags but don't use capitals. #idontwantyoutoactuallybeabletoreadthis

Marlene

we have one area code for the whole state. 802 is a thing here and you'll see a business named something like "802 auto" . there are bumper stickers with just 802 on them sweat shirts and just about anything they can put it on yet we still have those who insist that 802 be part of their phone number. much easier to read just the 7 digits, but nope, gotta have that 802 in there like no ones knows to add it when you dial

Billct2

Insist on a big LLC or INC is definitely another.
I actually like having the www. just to balance the three letters on the other end

neato

And QR codes are sooooooooo 2014.

I get that they were popular on products and maybe print, but on your vehicle? Seriously?

"Stop the car honey! I need to scan that QR code on the van to get more information about Joe's Plumbing Services"

bannertime

And QR codes are sooooooooo 2014.

I get that they were popular on products and maybe print, but on your vehicle? Seriously?

"Stop the car honey! I need to scan that QR code on the van to get more information about Joe's Plumbing Services"

Shhhh... I have one realtor that uses them in front of their properties. They bring us the signs and URL for the listing and I put a new code on. After a few layers, I pull the whole stack off and start fresh.

They've even said they don't think anyone uses them, but they still do it.

T_K

Shhhh... I have one realtor that uses them in front of their properties. They bring us the signs and URL for the listing and I put a new code on. After a few layers, I pull the whole stack off and start fresh.

They've even said they don't think anyone uses them, but they still do it.

If they pay to waste their money, take it!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I have a hard time talking customers out of putting a cell phone number as well as an office number or toll free number on their wraps.
....PS...do people still use fax machines?