• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New position and re-location

DrCAS

I have re-located to the Columbia, SC area. I accepted a position with SightLine Sign and Graphics in West Columbia.

They brought me on board to utilize my vast experience in the trade and to elevate their business to another level. The owners, Richard and Kitty Larson, have done very well for themselves but feel that they needed to add another person with my experience and abilities.

As many of the Signs 101 crew know, they have recently moved their business to a 21,000+ square foot facility. The shop does a wide variety of work with a focus on vehicle wraps, lettering, and graphics.

I am quite excited to a part of this enterprise and look forward to a very long and prosperous relationship.

skyhigh

Don't suppose the change in climate had any part in your decision?

Wishing you and Sightline a super relationship together.

Mosh

what is the community like? I have never been to that area, I always thought it would be a nice place, but like I say never been there.

Jillbeans

Good luck Broooce.
Any sign shop would be lucky to have you as an employee.
You're one talented guy.
Love....Jill

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We are really happy to have Bruce down here. Interestingly the source of his being here is a crack in a peice of acylic... we were talking about that and the conversation just evolved. It just so happened that I needed some help and wanted to hire someone and he had been wanting to move south since he has family that lives near here about 2 hours away. We had some additional incentives to offer which sealed the deal. Bruce is already fitting in well and once he picks up some of the southern lingo and gets used to the heat I think he will be right at home here. :) Ultimatley it was just perfect timing and we are very lucky to have Bruce on board and also lucky timing on the new property we are in which is enabling us to really expand into new areas and allowing us to really have to room we need to offer customers wraps that can be installed on even the largest vehicles with a secure and proper inside space. No other shop within a 50+ miles has inside space of their own of this size on site. If needed we can have multiple full 54' trailers inside all at the same time.

Mosh - Columbia is actually a pretty nice place to live in my opinion. The summers can be brutally hot and humid though. We are 2 hours from the smokey mountains, 2 hours from the coast. Being in the capital we are pretty centrally located with good resources in the area which is a plus.

ThinkRight

Columbia is actually a pretty nice place to live in my opinion. The summers can be brutally hot and humid though. We are 2 hours from the smokey mountains, 2 hours from the coast. Being in the capital we are pretty centrally located with good resources in the area which is a plus.

It is :toasting:
Say hi to my sister for me.
She lives there.
I have been there several times for Survivor casting calls at the CBS station.
Columbia is still a small town ,quiet and everyone is polite.(for the most part)

David Wright

If there were any sign painter, designer or fabricator schools, Bruce should be teaching. I have been doing it only thirty some years, maybe I could sub.

Stopped in Columbia once for Maurice's BBQ, very good.