• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Print head adjustment

Artworks

Artworks
Got a new print head installed and black works fine, but out of reg vertically. I have adjusted the BI-DIR to spec and the calibration. Anyone know how to adjust the angles? This is my first head replacement...Roland XC-540, Also wondering if anyone knows the key combo to get into service mode? I tried some combos from previous threads but none of them worked...

mark in tx

Probably not what you want to hear, but head replacement and adjustment is something I have always paid for a technician to do. I'll do pretty much anything else to my Rolands, heads are just to valuable for me to screw something up.

Artworks

Artworks
It seems cut and dry. I have the manual and I am following the directions to the "T", however any adjustments I have made the test prints are coming out exactly the same...I am not sure what I am doing/not doing correctly. I am adjusting all of the other print heads to match the black, even though the black is the head that was just replaced. Any suggestions?

4R Graphics

You need to adjust the black head to be correct in angle then align the others to it.

I have always owned mimakis but most of these printers are the same or very close.

when you adjust the slant/angle it is difficult to see and many people (who are not familiar with calibrations) will make very small changes which will A. take for ever B. waste a lot of material and C. will often make you think nothing is changing.

So adjust the black head and make big changes first if it is to far then back it down by half and continue this until you get it very very close then go to the next one.

On the mimaki JV3 which has multiple heads (like it sounds yours does) there is a screw in the front of the head that you turn to adjust the angle make a mark with a sharpie on the screw and the frame and that is your reference point now make a full turn or 2 and see what happens (then follow what I said above and you should be good) by having the mark on the screw and the frame you can count full, half and quarter turns and can go back by full, half and quarter turns to dial it in.

Good luck