• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New print head fitted

Mata

Hi all

I've just had a new print head fitted a couple of days ago on my VS-640i printer.

I'm not sure if i'm going crazy but since it was fitted, it heats up before doing a test print, I'm sure it never did that before, should it do this?

Also, I'm not sure if i'm looking too closely at it, but he nozzles seem a bit fuzzy,
img_0864.jpg
but I can't work out how. There not always fuzzy though, seems random across all channels.

Finally, It was fitted on Wednesday, it's now Friday and within 2 days I've lost one complete black channel, it came back after a couple of cleans, and then I lost one cyan channel which I did a couple of medium cleans and a powerful clean and although some have come back, not al of them have. I also lost some yellow while cleaning but that came back.

Just did a couple more medium cleans and it finally came back.

Should I be worried?

What is causing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• img_0866.jpg
    img_0866.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • img_0867.jpg
    img_0867.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130

Joe House

Since it comes back with a cleaning, it's not an electrical issue, it's an ink flow issue. Did you replace the dampers when you changed the head? Check the line adapters at the top of the dampers - Or replace the dampers whatever's appropriate. Did you replace the cap top? Is the cap top seated properly? Finally, (Don't laugh, because I've seen this happen as well...) Did you check the ink cartridges? Is there ink in them?

Mata

All 4 dampers changed and brand new ink cartridges and yes there is ink in them.

Cap top seems to be seating correctly and surely if it wasn't, I'd have issues on every colour?

Since the head was fitted a week ago, I've had this 3 times, the last time took 2 medium cleans to clear, I feel like I'm just wasting ink.

woolly

Because the colours are intermittent I would guess air still in the pipes.
Try not to do power cleans very heavy on ink and pump life.
The test prints look like on banner material giving odd look.
Double check the seating of the dampers and pipes for air leaks but really the tech that fitted it all should be contacted