• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Print Head, Now what?

Red Alpha

Hey guys,

I just replaced my first print head on my 1641SR which I purchased in 2020. I wasn't expecting to have to replace it for another year or two but besides keeping it printing is there a recommended amount of times I should soak it in cleaning solution?

damonCA21

Just keep it printing and running and always plugged in so it can run the auto cleaning. The only time you need to do a head soak is if the head is causing problems and missing nozzles. Too much head soaking can actually damage heads, so really it is only needed as a repair, not as general maintenance

damonCA21

Manual cleaning is fine though to keep the outside of the head clean, and clean the cap top, wipers etc.. it really depends how much work you are putting through it, but regular changing of wipers etc.. is always a good preventative measure

damonCA21

They are, but the main thing is they hate being left idle. The best advice I give people is make sure your printer prints something every day, even if you just make up a graphic of coloured blocks to print out as a test to keep the ink flowing. The amount of times you hear the printer was fine friday evening, and when they came in monday morning it wasnt working....

Red Alpha

They are, but the main thing is they hate being left idle. The best advice I give people is make sure your printer prints something every day, even if you just make up a graphic of coloured blocks to print out as a test to keep the ink flowing. The amount of times you hear the printer was fine friday evening, and when they came in monday morning it wasnt working....
I appreciate you guys taking the time to comment.