• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Print Heads with no warranty

The Sign Dude

I noticed the other day I had a few nozzles that were not firing and after all the usual steps to fix the problem I decided it may be time for new print heads. I called to get a price and find out if they have them in stock and all the usual stuff but when I ask about warranty the guy told me there was no warranty and no guarantee that they would work when installed. Has anyone else run into this? Is this standard for print heads?

MikePro

too much liability to warranty heads that "joe schmoe" plans to install himself. service tech companies are the only ones that will provide a warranty for installed heads, which is most likely why they charge DOUBLE what it costs to install one.

MikePro

i meant, that, the service tech's company would usually be providing the warranty.
buddy deal does not count :)

The Sign Dude

This might be why you have no warrenty - in my expereince the buddy deal is an as is deal. Just be very careful.

The purchase of the print heads is not the buddy deal but the installation is.

Anyone ever run into this with print heads before? << let's concentrate on this part of the thread a little bit.

Jack Knight1979

Every head I've ever bought had no warranty. They all work fine.

I don't trust the vendors here in Maine. I have a friend about an hour away who had the only local service co replace a head on his machine.

The tech blew the head board during the replacement and didn't even align the head.

Yeah.

The Sign Dude

like mentioned, its usually the tech company that gives the warranty...not the print head distributor...

Tech company says they only warranty it if they install it incorrectly. other than that its on the manufacturer. Doesn't say much for the product your buying if they are afraid to stand behind it even if a certified tech is installing it.

got the info I needed. Thanks for the help fellas.

The Sign Dude

Every head I've ever bought had no warranty. They all work fine.

I don't trust the vendors here in Maine. I have a friend about an hour away who had the only local service co replace a head on his machine.

The tech blew the head board during the replacement and didn't even align the head.

Yeah.

I get nervous anytime I have my printer worked on for the very same reason. a simple fix could wind up costing big $$$$ if they mess something up while doing the repair, not to mention the potential down time.
Who do you buy your heads from?

Stealth Ryder

Print Heads are hard to apply a warranty to unless there is an ovbious physical/electronic flaw. Lots of folks do not maintain/clean the machines they own as well as they should. I usually warranty my work for 90 days, I can usually return a Print Head within 90 days. If a user has clogged nozzles that is most commonly not a warranty issue and most always caused by a faulty Cap and/or pump assemble or simply by just not maintaining the machine... It is almost impossible to return a Print Head unless there is a defect you can actually see or prove... The warranty is for your work, the manuafacter covers the part...

ARMSRAISED

I can feel your pain. I've learned service my own machines. You be surprised what can be cleaned or fixed easily and not replaced. Good luck

The Sign Dude

Print Heads are hard to apply a warranty to unless there is an ovbious physical/electronic flaw. Lots of folks do not maintain/clean the machines they own as well as they should. I usually warranty my work for 90 days, I can usually return a Print Head within 90 days. If a user has clogged nozzles that is most commonly not a warranty issue and most always caused by a faulty Cap and/or pump assemble or simply by just not maintaining the machine... It is almost impossible to return a Print Head unless there is a defect you can actually see or prove... The warranty is for your work, the manuafacter covers the part...

I can understand the seller not wanting to warranty them for anything past 30 days if that long but to not warranty them against being DOA is unacceptable.

I guess I could buy them and if they are DOA I could blast them on this site and every other site until the end of time.:ROFLMAO: