• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Printer-Versacamm SP vs. VS

dfelty

Well I am finally making the leap and upgrading to a printer instead of just using cut vinyl. I had a few questions that I have heard some differing opinions about, and I am wondering if you guys could shed some light. I have decided that I am going to stick with roland for a printer/cutter. The two models that I am most interested in are the 54" Versacamm SP-i series and the 54" Versacamm VS series. After talking to a few people I have found that the biggest differences are printing speed and the warranty. Does anyone have any other differences that they know of. Also I was wondering if anyone knows if I should hold out until the new SolJet XF is released, to buy my printer. Will the prices come down more than they have? Or will they stay where they are now? Any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

T

TonyC

Just ordered a VS540

I was in the market for a new printer. I have done my homework and went with the VS540 with dual CMYK setup. We have been using an older SC545EX and I have a friend using a VP540. I cannot tell the difference in print quality except in extreme photographic printing. For normal signage and banners I believe the VS model is the best bang for the buck in a print/cut printer.