• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New printer

I have purchased an oric 1.6m printer (chinese) with dx5 printhead and sublimation ink. When I try to print test strip it is only printing one color. The ink is coming through the print head after I suction with the syringe, inkfill and several head cleanings. The dampers are filled. What could be the cause of this? Please help

Attachments

• 152157942948327020500.jpg
    152157942948327020500.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 284

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When Epson heads short out they do 1 of 2 things. 1 they blow a fuse and the entire head stops printing. Or 2, the short messes with the amplification circuit and causes the heads to fire erratically. You have the second option obviously. Check all the cables that go from the head to the slider board. Air dust and clean the terminals and make sure the cables are not damaged or dirty. If they are, change them. Then reset the cables and try again. If that doesn't change anything it could be a bad head, cable or main/slider board.