• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new printer

Gem

Im in this business around 2002 working with viutek 10',Nur 10',mimaki and roland, in different shop in the past, now I need to buy a new printer (print & cut) under 20.000
roland vs 54 -- or mimaki or going with no cutter epson , mutoh, seiko?
some one can help me to decide
Im graphic designer an I do a vehicle wraps, banner, label and much more
:thankyou:

CS-SignSupply

What part of Florida?

As for Roland, SP-540i lists at $19k and the VS-540 at $24k.

You might want to consider the NEW Roland RE-640 and bundle with a cutter.

Gem

i have 3 quote for different supply 21,500 21,642 20,695 for roland
well the grand total is around 31,000 with ink setup take-up system freight and laminator 55" but Im no decide jet for roland I want more opinion advice, this going to be my first printer first investment .

Gem

those quote that i have is from December is no update yet ,i just first need to decide what is the best technology right now

CS-SignSupply

Too far away. Would not be beneficial for either of us to buy the Roland equipment from me. I could not reasonably offer you service on the printer when needed.

mtygabriel

You might consider also your own experience with Roland and Mimaki. Which one was easier for you to operate and which one did you have less issues with print quality? That is if you used them for a significant amount of time.

If you familiarized yourself enough, then you might be comfortable with a used one knowing they are both quality printers and knowing that with a much smaller additional investment you can have buy and replace any parts.

I can only speak for the Mimaki JV33 that I bought. It is a rugged machine, has not given me any real problems. Sure, like any printer, I've had some clogging and extended cleaning, but there the ink and maintenance plays a bigger role.

Initially, I bought because of the lower price than Roland and thought having only ONE print head would keep me from getting any color misalignment problems. I've never had any. I like also that it is a 64" wide printer.

Those are my two cents.

mtygabriel

...and the Mimaki JV33 has a DX5 printhead that can be easily replaced or found at very good prices if you read some of the threads here.

Gem

Hi I all ready get the machine 3 weeks ago from Tyrrell Tech Nice people !!
now I need to begging to search a good laminator between 55 and 65 inch
what do you think about royal sorvereig vs neschen seal both with heat assist ?