• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question New problem cutting thick material force is up

ejmoan

Hello recently my after 3 years of use my FC8600 does not cut all the way through thick material and lam for mx. (Makes it through lam only) Been cutting for a couple years and just started happening. Thin material cuts perfectly. I have a new blade and just bought a new blade holder based upon advice of graphtec tech support. Blade is set right and cranked up force all the way up and it does not cut through. This just started happening. Anyone know of the electronic up and down mechanism ever goes bad or do you have other ideas?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How about the condition of the cutting strip?
If it is worn or has a groove in it you won't be able to put enough pressure on the material to get a good cut on thick stuff.
I have not tried but you may be able to take the carriage apart to clean & lube the plunger that moves the blade holder up and down. This used to fix issues I had with an old Roland cutter.

wayne k
guam usa

woolly

never touched a 8000 series but from my experience of 7000s fc2250 and mx materials.
because you have been doing this for a while presume all normal problems dealt with.
next to the pen up down actuator is a small encoder strip and eye with care blow clean. this sets the depth after the first down of the cut, if dirty depth is compromised.
if you have the adjustment there is a pen block height adjustment that if slipped will do as you described because the block has moved up so normal down travel of the knife is not enough.
cutting mx materials puts quite a lot of strain on these machines warming the materials helps the knife considerably

stxrmxn

Perf cut 2 passes on same cutter same material once you find the settings you are golden just pop them out.
CB15UA-K30-5 blades are a MUST for this work. They are expensive but they do the job and last.

ejmoan

How about the condition of the cutting strip?
If it is worn or has a groove in it you won't be able to put enough pressure on the material to get a good cut on thick stuff.
I have not tried but you may be able to take the carriage apart to clean & lube the plunger that moves the blade holder up and down. This used to fix issues I had with an old Roland cutter.

wayne k
guam usa
It

ejmoan

Good thought it is a out 4 months old. When I am in my shop I will look at that closely. Thanks so much

ejmoan

Thanks for the idea. Do you move the tool to position 3? I i have had trouble dialing in Perf cutting on this material because it tends to drop our and jam things up. It is larger mx pieces. I am assuming you use a custom pattern that does leave the " hanging chad" things. Thanks for the exact blade details. Come to think of it I switched to clean cut 15u blades. You think I should switch back to oem?

stxrmxn

For this kind of work no other blade can do it, it will fix your problem straight away.
Tool is in the perf cutting position.
You need to have those blades, on the cutter set the perf length to 20mm normal cut to 1mm speed no more than 10cm per second or you will snap the tip of the blade.
Force is around 42 but that changes when you replace the blade.
Start on about 35 and move up with increments of 1 per job until you have it right, the jobs will still weed so you wont waste any. it may take you a full day to dial it in and once you have always check they are still popping out.
It can be very frustrating at first and it is a steep learning curve but worth it in the end :)

ejmoan

My problem is solved !! Thanks so much for all the info everyone. All of the suggestions are great. I learned a lot and would love to start perfing the larger thicker pieces that fall out due to size and weight. This would be a huge time saver

Regarding the status of my issue... even though my blade was fairly new I did not realize I had a small flat spot on tip of the blade. Had to used my android phone to take a photo and zoomed in to realize this. Also replaced my blade holder as the innard spring and hole were seizing up and the blade was getting stuck. Could not get cleaned out as in think thespring was bent.