• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Problem, Double Cuts

khoalabear

could be masked. is there still a box? do you have any options if you right click the object?

finally had time to check out my problem. apparently all my .eps file done in Vector Magic left a blank layer which sometimes had parts of the image on it, so I just deleted and all is good. Anyone familiar with VM and know if you can keep it from happening? I have to save my files as .svg and use Inkscape to edit the image and then save it as an .eps file. Thanks!

Kwiksigns

wookie
sorry if this is a little off course, but if you have flexi, why would you use vector magic? is it better then flexi tracing? i dont know- never used VM.

-Chris

Vector Magic is the best program I have used... it was free but now it cost next to nothing for how awesome it is.

And about the double cuts... It has an option to "remove background" and lets you select what you want to remove which works for me... Maybe you need to update.

khoalabear

Vector Magic is the best program I have used... it was free but now it cost next to nothing for how awesome it is.

And about the double cuts... It has an option to "remove background" and lets you select what you want to remove which works for me... Maybe you need to update.

I think you are right, I remember seeing that option about removing the background but didn't realize that that was causing the extra layer, thanks!

gabagoo

I just had this happen on Friday and of course it wasn't on 10 or 20 decals but 1000 small credit card size. I had 5 sheets of 250. Once I noticed the double cut I let the sheet run to the end and then went back into flexi and deleted the addtional cut and then I recreate the sent file and send it out for print, but I dont print and then use that file for cutting. Worked like a charm. As to how the double cut line got there, I have absolutley no clue. I set up in Signlab and then import eps files to Flexi.