• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 'puter for edge/envision- com port problems

Gene@mpls

I am moving a copy of Omega 2.5 to a different, slightly more modern Win XP puter. I have put this off for years but can no longer stand it as is.
I installed a serial/parallel card and have the Edge working but I can't get the enVision to connect. I called Gerber Tech and they are recommending
a USB to serial cable but one with a driver on a disk (the one they use has not been tested on earlier than Omega 4). I have to believe this is a fairly
common problem- does anyone have any wisdom that they would share? Thanks Gene

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have set up JV3s and other brands of plotters with a USB to parallel cables. It seems like the Belkin brand works every time whereas I have not had that much success with other brands. I'm not sure what the difference is but it's my 2cents.

JRgraphics

Buy a serial card

Buy a add on serial card that fits an expansion slot on your computer. They are easy to find and set up.