• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Ricoh Latex

Christian @ 2CT Media

I love my Ricoh dyesub machine... hopefully they can bring that same quality to the wide formant market and I'd dump this HP in an effort to increase speed and quality + White ink!

rjssigns

So with Mimaki using Ricoh heads does that mean Ricoh will bite the hand that feeds it?
The price point on the Ricoh will be the determinant. Should be interesting.

jayhawksigns

Epson and Mutoh did the same thing didn't they?

The only problem is, ask anyone who has a Xerox(Mutoh), is that Mimaki dealers may not be allowed to support you if it says Ricoh on it. Ricoh doesn't have a track record in this market so who is to say how long they might be in it. Unless there would be a REALLY compelling price difference, I wouldn't consider the Ricoh unit and would just stick with Mimaki.

But I still like my L25500 and its reasonably priced, user-replaceable heads.

rjssigns

The manufacturing world continues to shrink. Where have all the innovators gone?

There continues to be innovation. Seems to be in the rush to replace offset printing. A local company builds an inkjet for HP. Static ranks of heads, 1000 feet per minute, 600x600 on a 48" web, and fully variable. Piezo heads so it will run eco or full solvent.
Boggles the mind if they were to release something like that into the market and maintain those speeds on banner, vinyl etc... Merritt could run his million square foot jobs in a couple days. Actually 16.7 hours if my math is good.

WildWestDesigns

The only problem is, ask anyone who has a Xerox(Mutoh), is that Mimaki dealers may not be allowed to support you if it says Ricoh on it.

Same thing with Brother versus Babylock. Brother makes Babylock machines and haven't had a Brother dealer service a Babylock machine even though they are essentially the same thing except the name.