• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Roland VersaStudio BN-20

dhearn

Don't know if anyone else has ordered one of these, but this is what I have been waiting on! Ordered mine the other day and can't wait to get it! I don't do banners or vehicle wraps so this will be perfect for my shop. The only thing that sucks is that they can't tell me exactly when I will get it since Roland hasn't released it yet. I've heard July 1st and I've heard middle of July. Anyone know?

pixelp

I am also going to order the BN-20. I have been told mid July and end of July. Where did you order yours from?

Jack Knight1979

I personally don't get it, but I'm curious to see how people like them.

I assume these run on DX4 heads, which do not have the resolution to print great prints @ 20".

time will tell.

Fivestar

Unless there's some kind of revolutionary printable, heatpress garment product coming out that I don't know of, I don't get it either.

dhearn

I am also going to order the BN-20. I have been told mid July and end of July. Where did you order yours from?

I ordered mine through JSI Signs here in the Atlanta area. I was told that you have to find a dealer in your local area and state to get it from. You can't order it from out of state.

chopper

where are you going to get 20 inch material?
kinda a waste of time unless you are moving up from your cricket,,,
don't forget your 20 inch laminator! maybe Dale will make a 20 inch big squeegee to go with it.
they are 8.5 K you could buy a realy nice used sp300v for that kinda dough.
//chopper

dhearn

where are you going to get 20 inch material?
kinda a waste of time unless you are moving up from your cricket,,,
don't forget your 20 inch laminator! maybe Dale will make a 20 inch big squeegee to go with it.
they are 8.5 K you could buy a realy nice used sp300v for that kinda dough.
//chopper

Places like Imprintables warehouse are already carrying rolls in 20" and 19.5", depending on the materials. JSI has also offered to cut the rolls for me if I order the wider ones. They will become more common soon now that the machine is almost here.

Rodi

What I don't understand with the machine is why CMMYK, then CMYK and the CMYK+Metallic silver. You can only pick one, and why not metallic (WHY NOT WHITE?) over the others? I would think that the metallic would give so much extra over the other options.

Sign Warehouse has a similar (albeit smaller) but more flexible option for the same price 13" (like a gerber) with a graphtec cutter, laminator, RIP and the inks are CMYK LM, LC, Orange, Light Black (why no white???)

The Roland does look trick watching it kiss cut on video.