• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Roland VSi 540 owner

WESTERNSIGNCO.

Hey everyone, we just received our new VSi 540 last week with dual cmyk setup. We came from a 8 yr old VP 540, this time we added the take up reel. Unfortunately we have had nothing but problems with color management with the new one so far:banghead:. We have tried various print profiles and continue to get the same result, major orange peel with very crappy quality and not even close to the correct color. We're currently using Denco Sales brand of 4 mil gloss print media as well as 3m ij40c and neither are printer correctly. With this said we can take the same media roll and place it on our vp 540 and the same job will print perfect..??!!!Very frustrating any ideas would greatly be appreciated. We have Denco sales coming out tomorrow to help and hopefully find what is going on. We are also outputting through versa works and everything is up to date!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 94

splizaat

Try Oracal 3165 Gloss profile and see if that helps.

I've never ever seen that before, I'd be interested to know what fixes it if it's a profile or if it's a piece of hardware. I know the solvent in the eco sol max 2 inks is quite a bit hotter so maybe it has something to do with the media not liking the hotter solvent? Have you tried any other brand media like oracal?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The VP and VSI series use completely different heads and therefor are expected to behave differently. You have two options as I see it:

1. Experiment with many boxed profiles until you find one that prints the best. Try downloading some from the manufacture's websites. Roland may have some new ones on their site as well.

2. Pay to have someone come in and make profiles that will work best with both machines.

I have customers who run two of the same machine and they had to make their own profiles to keep the color consistent between the two. There are so many variables when it comes to these printers that color can change between two of the same model. You have two machines with different technology which allows more of a difference.

Robert Gruner

Roland is pretty t6ight with their resellers. I am surprised that your reseller can not help you through your problems?

You might check with Chuck at 877-668-7446. He's very accomplished with profiles.

Good printing

Bob Gruner

WESTERNSIGNCO.

Hey guys thank you for all the great feedback, had a tech out today and found that when they did the original unboxing and assembly procedure while pumping the cleaning solution through the lines it had not cleared completely from the magenta ink tube, hence why it was printing the red tones in orange. Once we did this we were home bound the printer is working flawlessly now and producing gorgeous images and were very impressed with the overall speed!!!:rock-n-roll::thumb: