Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new router

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by ernie, Mar 15, 2004.

1. ernie

ernie Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I may have mentioned getting a new low cost router. Here is a picture.

I hope.....

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. ernie

ernie Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Router kit

This is the router as shipped.

Attached Files:

3. ernie

ernie Member

Feb 2, 2004
    finished router

This shows more of my homebrew vacuum table.

Attached Files:

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    I'd sure like to hear/see more about this! By "low cost" what do you mean? Where did you get it from? Some specs and more info please!

5. ernie

ernie Member

Feb 2, 2004
    low cost router

The total cost was under $10k for a 5'x10' router. I bought the kit from practicalcnc.com The vacuum table I built myself, and the CAM program is from Rams3d.com.

The system is lightly built and I have started to modify it for better performance. It is faster than my other router but I haven't got the good routing quality of my homebuilt system.

6. ernie

ernie Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I just wanted to report that putting diagonal crossed tensioned cables on the router along with clamps on the leveling table has fixed all my issues with the router table vibration.

I'm going to mount a tv camera on the router head next, this will allow quick alignment to the LL corner of the substrate without getting out of my chair.

ernie