• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Seamless Tiles in the Works

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just had to show off these. They will be part of the next volume of Plotter Art™ Seamless Texture Tiles.

diamonds-rubies.jpg

turquoise.jpg

crocodilehide01.jpg

threeputt

Those look great! Any guess as to how many are in the works?

I really, really dig your Volume 1 Seamless Texture files. Use them often. They are exceedingly high quality even at large sizes.

I like staying one step ahead of the competition. And oh boy, do we have competition in this little town.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Those look great! Any guess as to how many are in the works?

I really, really dig your Volume 1 Seamless Texture files. Use them often. They are exceedingly high quality even at large sizes.

I like staying one step ahead of the competition. And oh boy, do we have competition in this little town.

We are holding to a format of 600 images per volume. Volume 2 was released several months ago. Not sure just when we will be ready for Volume 3 but I would guess at early the Fall. Between the two volumes and what resides at Express Clipart in addition, we currently have 1453 images which is more high resolution seamless tiles than anyone has.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I guess the above are samples, do you have any snakeskin samples? I should have turned on the snap

At the present time we have 16 computer generated tiles that emulate the look of snakeskin. Tiles are created in different ways. Some are "art imitating life" and some are "life imitating art".

The tiles of the gem stones and the turquoise were created from individual photographic images with no backgrounds that were randomly dropped into the workspace of a tile generator that has the capability of creating a seamless tile at the same time. The crocodile hide was generated from a photograph using different tiling software that cuts up the photo and blends it back together ... creating a seamless tile at the same time. The snakeskins are totally created by computer algorithms in Filter Forge tiling software.

Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages.