• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shocks for Edge

gabagoo

I have a friend who recently bought an older edge LE. He called the Gerber distributor up here in Canada to get a price on the shocks.... $200.00

He now sends me a pic and he paid $40.00 at a car parts place...... wow!!!

Attachments

• gerber shocks.jpg
    gerber shocks.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 133

Jburns

Yes- there are two numbers you have to look at by the manufacturer: Length (metric) and pounds of pressure. 60lb, 40lb, etc.

_Neil

I don't have a maintenance contract, but took my FX to one of those Sharpen Your Edge events, to get a tune up and find out how used my printer was (which I bought used from someone else). Apparently it was in super-great condition, and the rep said they usually just replace the shocks for free at that event, so he just gave me 2 shocks to hold on to, until I needed them some day.

_Neil

Yes- there are two numbers you have to look at by the manufacturer: Length (metric) and pounds of pressure. 60lb, 40lb, etc.

Don't forget stroke also. McMaster has a very good selection, with length, stroke, force specs listed.

Jburns

And use one of these tool clamps for a easy installation!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gerber Shock installation.jpg
    Gerber Shock installation.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 170

decalman

I have a friend who recently bought an older edge LE. He called the Gerber distributor up here in Canada to get a price on the shocks.... $200.00

He now sends me a pic and he paid $40.00 at a car parts place...... wow!!!

I 'd love to know how they're mounted