• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop cards

Malkin

New cards came in today. Would appreciate any constructive criticism!
15pt Silk Lamination/Spot UV/rounded corners/back printing.

Design was updated, and all our previous cards were more "plain jane"

Attachments

• MM Cards.jpg
    MM Cards.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 65
J

john1

LEGIT

On "SIGNS" did you do a chrome gradient and then have the spot UV over it making it look more real? That looks sick.

Malkin

LEGIT

On "SIGNS" did you do a chrome gradient and then have the spot UV over it making it look more real? That looks sick.

The chrome was a custom effect that we did over a photo of a field, to make it a little more realistic. I've never liked the chrome gradient fills. Spot UV for a little pop.
Never tried the spot UV before, but after seeing it used so well on here figured we had to try it.

Next thing I want to try is doming some of those letters to put on the shop truck.

JoshLoring

Looks great. The QR code was a waste of space though. They will be short lived and people just don't use them..

briankb

Premium Subscriber
QR codes are here to stay and in it's current phase just makes you look a little more hip or cutting edge.

the cards look great. what do you expect to use for the back note lines? we try to encourage that to our clients who just want to use every inch of space for no reason...

Malkin

I don't expect the codes would actually be used much, mostly there just for the heck of it and to look like we're keeping current.

I'm always writing stuff on the back of our old cards like quickie quotes or appt times, can't think of what else would have gone there anyway.

JoshLoring

briankb said:
QR codes are here to stay and in it's current phase just makes you look a little more hip or cutting edge.

I'm 34.. And the only tracking I see from QR codes are the 17-26 yr old demographic. Mostly lokie loos that won't spend any money anyhow. QR codes are for coupons.. Trust me.. I've tried them. Waste of space. Maybe saw 2-3 hits from other stuff that brings over 5k a week visitors in traffic. Wow!
I'm probobly the biggest tech nerd.. And I just don't see them taking off more then they are.

Jillbeans

While I love the chrome, I have a problem with all the double info.
Number and city on front and back and a ton of Teds.
Two bad-*** looking scripts in the same layout.
I'd have liked to see the website under SIGNS.
It could have been more concise.
Love....Jill

Malkin

Thanks for the input Jill :thumb:

We'll probably make some adjustments when it come's time to re-order.