• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New shop front sign ( my own )

SuncitySigns

Hi all, thoughts on the attached layout, design for our new ship front. Sign on the roof. It's neat but it's not wow, does it need to be wow? I hate doing stuff for my self always doubting it!!

Thinking the middle design, paint the wall blue and cut the logo out and pin to wall.

Attachments

• image-3551852481.jpg
    image-3551852481.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 166

neato

I like the top version a lot Shane. You may want to consider dropping "& Graphics" for this though so you can increase the size of SunCity Signs and center it vertically.

Jwalk

If you could manage to get that brillaint of a blue in paint all you would need to do is paint it blue ,lol.

I think the first two are good definitely paint it blue, plus paint out the whole area leaving it looks cheap.

The suggestion about painting out the brick white wont hurt either.

OldPaint

#1. why do you need to keep the shape of the roof? for maximum sign VIEWING........i would do a 2,3, 4 foot tall... length of the building(or close to it)........sign up there.........SUN CITY SIGNS........ bold type.....and a small logo at each end........
i dont get the lower case all run together..........this aint a web site))))

ExecuPrintGS

I also like the top one, but i didn't even see the "& graphics"
I agree on painting the brick white also for a nice clean look, the white and blue would look sharp together

S'N'S

Why paint the top bit Blue, I'd use Probond which would give you a nice flat surface ..... it comes in Ultra Marine Blue, Medium Blue & Navy. Maybe even in flat finish so your logo in gloss finish stands out more.
I also agree with Neato, make the sun city bigger on either one of the top two, I don't like the bottom one at all. You could put a spot light on that pole out the front to light up the sign of a night time too.

visual800

why do it on the roof. I would make a classy sign in ground. this screms to me no class. sorry just being honest.

SuncitySigns

Thanks for all the input guys.

Some points il need to point out though in regards to a few comments

Due to the building being leased we can not paint any of the brick work

Second point is the logo is what it is and will not be changed

The third is the legally registered business is Suncity Signs & Graphics so that is what must be displayed on the building and at all times.
( there is another company in another state called Sun City Signs so making sure we always use the Graphics on the end is important. )

After having a another look on the roof this morning I cant do the top option due to the alarm system being at the very peak of the roof as well ( cant be moved )

Another photo from this morning and also a photo looking up the street.
I will also put a sign on the pole that double sided as well. ( If it can be put in the budget I will do a lightbox because power needs to be put from the building to this pole )

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 162
why do it on the roof. I would make a classy sign in ground. this screms to me no class. sorry just being honest.

While I agree a good monument sign is professional looking. Their is really no area in front of his shop. Just a fence and then city sidewalk and city owned road verge. Probably not allowed to put a monument sign there. And why erect a tall monument sign out of the parking lot when there is a perfectly good building face there.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Why not take advantage of the space?
attachment.php

Any good at wrapping brick with vinyl? May be a good selling point to wrap the brick(if you're allowed that much sq footage), and may be a way around not being able to paint.

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 228

sardocs

This might be an easy way out of having to do any changes to the building.

Attachments

• suncity signs.jpg
    suncity signs.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 161

SuncitySigns

So the landlord has given us approval to make a sign frame and clad it like this now, ( no odd shapes was his words haha ) Just need to do a lay up now and get it up!

Attachments

• Suncity Signs building roof sign.jpg
    Suncity Signs building roof sign.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 154

ams

I am more inclined for the top one. Don't focus so much on the WOW factor, people often dress up their sign to get attention, but then either it's hard to read or no one actually reads the sign and is just looking at it.
Go for something easy to read yet classy.

m4ruk4

I like the top version a lot Shane. You may want to consider dropping "& Graphics" for this though so you can increase the size of SunCity Signs and center it vertically.

I agree!! I like the first one better :) :goodpost:but i just finished reading all the comments. And well. In that space you can totally build either a cabinet sign (all illuminted) or an aluminum pan face with front and back lid channel letters on top... Just saying :)

TimToad

I like the top option in your original post. What are the local restrictions and square footage limits?

A few of the later ideas seem to be pushing the envelope on the square footage sign code limits if there are any.

SuncitySigns

So this is what we needed up with, looks great, easy to read and have had heaps of comments and even couple enquires for people wanting smiler signs up the road. Winning in my books

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 165